Morgan Chalfant, reporter for The Hill, weighs in on allegations against the embattled Democratic senator from Minnesota. Al Franken to resign. Al Franken to resign following multiple accusations of sexual misconduct.
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D - New York) was the first US senator to call for Franken to step down.
Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton, who served on the U.S. Senate Ethics Committee during his single term in Congress, said that panel is the proper place to decide Franken's fate.
"Today, I am calling on my colleague Al Franken to step aside". The woman claims Franken told her it was his "right as an entertainer" after she rejected his assault.
The calls for Franken's resignation followed new allegations on Wednesday from a woman who claims Franken forcibly kissed her in 2006.
"He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me".
The woman, who was not identified, told Politico that Franken pursued her after her boss had left and she was collecting her belongings. To achieve lasting change, we will need to fight this everywhere on behalf of everyone by insisting on accountability and working to bring more women into leadership in each industry to fundamentally shift the culture.
Asked about Franken, Senate GOP Whip John Cornyn of Texas said he would "leave it up to [Democrats] to deal with members of their own party".
"Senator Klobuchar personally spoke with Senator Franken this morning". Kemplin said Franken cupped her breast as they posed for a photo.
Other Democratic women demanding Franken's resignation included Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., and Maggie Hassan, D-N.H.
Hassan wrote that Franken "has engaged in a pattern of egregious and unacceptable behavior toward women".
- NY AG continues to investigate 'fake' comments on net neutrality
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Black Mirror season 4 gets a new trailer, posters and premiere date
- OR searching for coach again after Taggart bolts
- Top smartphones for gaming
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Facebook launches new kids app
- Evacuations ordered in Bel Air as wildfire burns near the 405 freeway
- Ball: I 'didn't get a thank you' for shoes sent to president
- Good stocks to great stocks: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)