Ahead of facing Manchester United, it may be considered that City could expect Mourinho to park a bus, but at least one of Guardiola's stars is expecting the opposite at Old Trafford.
The Blues legend returned to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday with West Ham as a late David Silva goal secured City's 20th-consecutive win in all competitions. Against Manchester City, when it goes in those midfield areas, if they beat your pressing midfield. then you're going to be in trouble.
One good thing is that Kevin De Bruyne is suspended and David Silva did not even travel with the squad to rest and recover from a small injury, so the two most important players in the entire team will definitely not be playing this one.
Midfielder De Bruyne said: "A derby is always special".
Guardiola's City are eight points clear of Manchester United at the top of the table - and only United have ever overcome such a deficit after 15 games in Premier League history. Yes, the defending was poor in the first half, particularly on the right-hand side, and we saw a mistake from Ederson for the first time since his very first game for City; a pre-season friendly against United.
Gabriel Jesus also spoke on a next weekend's derby match against United, which he expects to be different: "It will be a good game, a great game, great players, great players".
Before the derby, City face a trip to Ukraine to play Shakhtar Donetsk in their final Champions League group game, having already qualified for the knockout stages.
"It will be interesting to see if they will be like that against Manchester City because Manchester City could pierce them open, should they come out the back".
The incident came after Raheem Sterling's late victor sent the Etihad into pandemonium, setting them up for a record-equalling 13th consecutive Premier League victory against West Ham on Sunday. I know him a little bit. "We showed much better discipline as a team and now we need to move on".
- Halftime observations from New Jersey: Jets 21, Chiefs 17
- Netflix Confirms House of Cards Final Season Will Not Include Kevin Spacey
- Alabama Joins Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia in Playoff
- NY truckers protest electronic logging devices
- December supermoon dazzles in morning sky
- Brokers Recommendations on: Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI)
- NY AG continues to investigate 'fake' comments on net neutrality
- Warren Moon's thoughts on Seahawks' win over Eagles
- Josh McDaniels gets an earful from Tom Brady on sideline
- Christian charity concerned by Facebook's new app for kids