Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters received a one-game suspension from the team on Wednesday after throwing an official's penalty flag into the stands and leaving the playing field before the end of last weekend's game against the New York Jets. Now the Chiefs will have to rely on a rotation of underwhelming cornerbacks like Kenneth Acker, Phillip Gaines, Terrance Mitchell and Steven Nelson to do the job Peters would normally do as well as man the station opposite him on the outside.
Peters was then flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, and chose to head to Kansas City's locker room despite the fact that he had not been ejected from the game. Coach Andy Reid instructed Peters to stay off his feet and not even come to the stadium that day. "That's where I'm at". "It gets to people and it's a tough situation".
The recent addition of Revis helps cushion the loss of Peters.
Reid again reiterated that he does not believe this latest breakdown any discipline reflects poorly on his team's locker room as a whole. Justin Houston is the only disrupter on defense right now, while other talented players, such as veteran linebacker Dee Ford, are struggling to get pressure on quarterbacks. "Honestly, we are rolling guys through both places". The Chiefs' former offensive coordinator, now the head coach in Philadelphia, was known to have handled some play-calling duties, but neither Reid nor his up-and-coming protege ever let slip precisely how those responsibilities were divvied up. We're trying to get our own group of guys healed up as best as possible for this game. "Guys will handle it". As much as we work hard and love to compete and be out there with our brothers, I know it just was hurting him because he just likes to be out there.
The Raiders typically have brought out the best in Peters, who has two of his 17 career interceptions against his hometown team.
"I keep that in house", Reid said. When a piece goes down, you have to figure it out and work as a team.
STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES - Chiefs have won 13 of last 14 vs. AFC West. The game will be that much more hard for KC to win. We still have to go out and execute our game plan. To go back and forth on all this stuff on this point is pointless.
- Sam Smith Asked If He's Team Taylor Swift or Team Kim Kardashian
- Pogba confident United can cope with City threat
- Arsene Wenger intends to keep "sharp" Theo Walcott at Arsenal
- Top coaches cautious after 2018 FIFA World Cup draw
- Chester Bennington's Autopsy Report Released
- NY AG continues to investigate 'fake' comments on net neutrality
- Mitt Romney: Moore's Victory Would Be 'Stain' on US, GOP
- Instagram Adds New Stories Highlights Section Right to Your Profile
- Good stocks to great stocks: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- Evacuations ordered in Bel Air as wildfire burns near the 405 freeway