Just ahead of this week's PlayStation Experience, Sony has given us an update on PlayStation VR (PSVR) sales, confirming that two million units have been sold. As of December 3, 2017, 70.6 million PS4 units have been sold through to consumers.
The PlayStation 4 is an attractive box that easily fits into your home, and using it as more than a game console is a snap.
Kazuhiko Takeda, Head of Corporate Planning for the electronics giant, made it clear that the Switch is a sure-fire competitor within the video game business, and not something Sony can afford to ignore.
Sales are likely to be boosted further still by the newly-announced holiday discounts in the United States.
Ever since Sony Interactive Entertianment (SIE) launched the PlayStation VR head-mounted display (HMD), the device has proven to be popular among PlayStation 4 owners.
Coming off a record Black Friday season, Sony has revealed new sales info for PS4, PS VR, and software for both platforms. The system's appeal has been boosted by a superb library of critically acclaimed exclusive titles, such as Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian. "Now there are more than 130 highly anticipated games and other entertainment content in development for PS VR, launching by the end of 2018". In June, we learned that PSVR hit the one million mark, which was short of Sony's expectations. After that, there's a significant drop-off, and the Xbox One continues to sell abysmally.
Sony then went on to highlight some of its late 2017 and early 2018 titles that'll continue the momentum of the current PS4 sales.
PlayStation gamers purchases over 617 million games.
- Black Mirror season 4 gets a new trailer, posters and premiere date
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Google announces Android Oreo (Go Edition) for entry-level smartphones
- Brokers Recommendations on: Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI)
- Creek Fire Chars Nearly 11400 Acres in Sylmar
- Democratic senators call for Al Franken to resign
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- OR searching for coach again after Taggart bolts
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Good stocks to great stocks: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)