The Chiefs raced out to a 26-point lead early in the fourth quarter, and easily won a battle between teams that held a share of first place in the West with the Chargers.
Carr threw his nicest pass of the day on 4th and 7 with pressure in his face, laying it in nicely to tight end Jared Cook for a 29-yard touchdown pass. Carr would find Michael Crabtree for the two-point conversion to make it just a two-score game at 25-16.
The lackluster effort left Raiders fans feeling a mixture of emotions. and all were negative. The Chiefs ensured themselves of a least a tie for the division lead with the Los Angeles Chargers, who play later Sunday and visit Arrowhead Stadium next Saturday. The Raiders saw their drive end via a Carr interception, as he was hit as he threw.
Once again, the Chiefs defense continued to be Derek Carr's kryptonite, as he had a miserable first half at Arrowhead.
Unless Amari Cooper can go off in the last three games of the season, he won't almost touch the amount of catches and yards he had produced his first two years in the league and it'll just add to the disastrous season the raiders have had after so many high expectations.
The Chiefs played well defensively around them until the game's latter stages.
The turnaround for Kansas City was dramatic and unforeseen.
Playing without their best cornerback, the suspended Marcus Peters, the Chiefs had their most complete defensive game of a season that has otherwise been dismal in that regard. Tyreek Hill posted 911 yards and six touchdowns in 60 receptions while Travis Kelce added 871 yards in 66 catches. But he left in the second quarter with a right leg injury when he was blocking downfield on a run by DeAndre Washington, and a defender rolled into the back of him. Carr was also sacked three times.
- YouTube Will Launch a Streaming Music Service in March
- How 'I, Tonya' tackled its controversial domestic violence scenes
- No plane, helicopter, for South Korea's Kim assassination unit
- Facebook To Launch Dedicated Messenger App for Preteens
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- Conte Eyes Win Vs West Ham To Close Gap On United, City
- PSX 2017: PlayStation Cult Classic MediEvil is Coming to PS4
- Met Office upgrades weather warning as snow forecast for Rotherham
- Time Warner's (NYSE:TWX) "Market Perform" Rating Reiterated at Wells Fargo & Company
- Salvation Army kettles raise $15400 so far