Swann, 26, is being held in jail without bail. Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com obtained a copy of the police report, which states that Swann and wife Vannarah Riggs, who wrestles as Su Yung, got into an argument regarding a match she had on Saturday.
However, Swann's temper got the best of him and he put his own wife in a headlock and forced her inside of his vehicle. Swann then allegedly grabbed Yung by the arm and put her in a headlock.
WWE has a 0 tolerance policy concerning this kind of thing and Swann was indefinitely suspended following the release of this police report.
The charges listed are battery and kidnap/false imprisonment of an adult.
Yung later stated Swann "has a temper sometimes" and she fled the situation because she feared physical violence. Prior to this Yung told police she'd asked Swann to pull over the vehicle.
Swann is scheduled to face Drew Gulak in a No. 1 contenders match on Raw on Monday.
Despite claims by Swann that he did not physically touch Riggs, with the details that have been revealed about the incident, it does not look good for the high-flying, dancing WWE entertainer. The report says that the two have been together five years, and have been married for nine months.
Swann will likely be placed on immediate suspension after the arrest and if he is convicted will have his contract immediately terminated in line with WWE's policy on Domestic Violence.
According to the Alachua County Sheriff in Florida, Swann was taken into custody around 12 am on Sunday and no bond amount has been listed.
- Time Warner's (NYSE:TWX) "Market Perform" Rating Reiterated at Wells Fargo & Company
- Professional-Palestinian march in Paris forward of Netanyahu go to
- PSX 2017: PlayStation Cult Classic MediEvil is Coming to PS4
- Conte Eyes Win Vs West Ham To Close Gap On United, City
- Counting down the Panthers who mattered most in clutch win over Vikings
- Analyst's Viewpoint About Ichor Holdings, Ltd. (ICHR), American Outdoor Brands Corporation (AOBC)
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- Apple Buying Shazam, Possibly for $400 Million
- Franken accused of groping journalist at Media Matters party for Obama inauguration
- (NYSE:LUV) Moves The Needle 5.69% For the Week