He posted a photo of himself with 40-year-old quarterback Tom Brady from the Patriots locker room on his Instagram account, joking that he finally has a teammate that is older than him.
The Steelers may have had hopes of releasing Harrison only to pick him back up this week, but their roster roulette backfired this time. "We needed the people we kept".
In a corresponding move, the Steelers activated offensive starting Marcus Gilbert, who missed the previous four games while serving a suspension for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. "Really, it's nothing more than that".
This also could be a signing with the Patriots' first playoff opponent in mind.
For his career, Harrison has 82.5 sacks and 570 tackles in 15 seasons, 14 of which were spent in Pittsburgh, the other in Cincinnati.
The Steelers and Patriots each secured a bye through to the divisional round, though New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with a win over the Jets in its regular season finale Sunday. The only competition for that coveted top seed is the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Patriots can handle business all on their own. That could be just what the Patriots need to beat the Steelers in the postseason, assuming the two teams meet in the AFC Championship Game.
Only Pittsburgh, with six, owns more Super Bowl wins.
- Patriots Benefit From Another Overturned TD With Controversial Play Against Bills
- Wilshere closing in on Arsenal deal
- Trump, Saudi King blame Iran for missile attack on Saudi palace
- America's opioid crisis behind 'shocking' two-year drop in life expectancy
- What the Jets were saying after their loss to the Chargers
- Pre-Pay Property Taxes Now to Keep Deduction
- Eagles Clinch Home-Field Advantage With 19-10 Win Over Oakland
- Man Displaced After Two-Alarm Fire in Hurlock
- Liverpool 5-0 Swansea: Liverpool Thrash Swansea in Blistering Boxing Day Display
- Empire State Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:ESRT) Shorted Shares Decreased By 2.18%