The Liverpool boss has come under fire from critics for his side's defending, with the Reds conceding three goals against Arsenal last Friday.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has admitted to being disappointed in his own performance despite scoring for Liverpool in a 5-0 rout of Swansea City at Anfield on Boxing Day.
'We have a defending approach, ' he said when asked whether attacking football was his natural instinct.
'I want to defend first of all because that is the basis for everything.
"We are in training on Wednesday, I don't know if I will speak to the chairman or the owners tonight or tomorrow, but as things remain I will be in charge for Watford and for training". It's our problem. That's why we are where we are.
"We had to defend the situations much better, we had to be more compact".
"We played 4-5-1 [against Arsenal] and [every player has] responsibility to defend". There is nobody on the pitch who is not involved in defending.
"They have to do what they have to do".
Firmino has been in top form for Liverpool FC this season and has now scored nine goals in the Premier League for Klopp's men so far.
What was also refreshing to see was that Firmino's challenge was not given as a foul, because in certain other games, the referee may have deemed it as illegal. Paul Clement subsequently lost his job, and with the side rooted to the bottom of the table, getting anything from this second trip to Liverpool in just over a week would prove hard.
But Klopp said: "We don't talk about that". We have to give everything we have got because if we don't it will be a very long second half of the season. Both of these qualities were evident for the first goal. He is still a young lad, he has to learn. He showed a reaction like human beings do.
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston throws temper tantrum on field
- Pre-Pay Property Taxes Now to Keep Deduction
- Churches to hold Christmas Eve Candlelight services
- Blue UK passports not a sign of sovreignty, European Union said
- Christmas celebrated with enthusiasm, fervour in J&K
- India vs Sri Lanka 3rd T20 Live Score Updates
- Some snow makes for a white Christmas
- I'm Frustrated - Mauricio Pochettino Wanted More Spurs Goals In Win Over Burnley
- Patriots Benefit From Another Overturned TD With Controversial Play Against Bills
- Tax bill a shameful sellout