Rachel Terry sat on a bench outside of Forever 21 at the Dayton Mall with her children - taking a break from the post-Christmas crowds. "It's not just the dreaded returns". "The sales are always great", Jules Portnoy said.
About 5 percent of people will wait until after Christmas to do their holiday shopping this year, compared to 6 percent who were expected to wait until December 24, according to a study from the National Retail Federation. "It's just the past year we're going to use those specific strands of lights".
Jared Miller of Famous Footwear at the mall predicted that the amount of business following the Christmas season "would be slow for us" and that many stores continue to be affected by online shopping both before and after the holidays.
"It's the day after Christmas".
Shibrina Johnson, 19, returned gifts for her parents to buy gifts for herself and two sisters. If they do, some merchants impose a restocking fee which averages 15-percent of the item's original price.
"I'm looking to cash in my cash I guess", Eubanks explained.
When you have a nine month old like McCain, getting clothes that are too big is actually a good thing.
Jaana Remes was happy to miss the large crowds at Sunvalley on Tuesday morning, after coming down from Davis to shop with her family.
"Come tomorrow I think we're going to be extremely busy and through the rest of the week", Richard said.
The better the return policy, the more people will shop, according to the NRF.
"I wasn't expecting them to be this good right after Christmas but I'm happy with them", said Thieme. He added that shoppers aren't anxious about the current cold snap. "They really support us and I feel like there's a new kind of convergence back to the downtown and shopping locally", he said.
- America's opioid crisis behind 'shocking' two-year drop in life expectancy
- Empire State Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:ESRT) Shorted Shares Decreased By 2.18%
- Jaguars send NFL's best defense out to punish Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers
- Glass Wall separates Kulbushan Jadhav & Family in Pakistan
- Ravens hang on to beat the Colts
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston throws temper tantrum on field
- Eagles Clinch Home-Field Advantage With 19-10 Win Over Oakland
- Wilshere closing in on Arsenal deal
- Katrina skips, Iulia attends Salman Khan's TIGER ZINDA HAI screening
- What the Jets were saying after their loss to the Chargers