He said: "For me, post-Christmas, at this time of year, I just hope everyone out there has had a chance to just think about the things that really matter and the difference that every single one of us can make".
To hear the full interview, check it out over at BBC Radio 4, where you can hear (and download) the whole 40-minute interview for the next six days.
"There's always that family part of Christmas [where] there's always that work element there as well, and I think together we had an wonderful time", Harry, who recently debuted two gorgeous engagement portraits with Markle, said.
If any Trump scores an invite to the wedding, it could be Ivanka, who at least offered a congratulatory tweet after the royal engagement was announced writing, "Wishing Meghan and Prince Harry a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness together".
Former US President Barack Obama warned that social media was "corroding civil discourse" in a wide-ranging, one-off interview with Prince Harry. "I wouldn't want to ruin that surprise".
Prince Harry also has a history of controversial action, including his 2005 appearance at a fancy dress party wearing a Nazi Uniform, complete with swastika.
"All of us in leadership have to find ways in which we can recreate a common space on the Internet".
In the interview, Obama took a subtle dig at Trump by mentioning bad Twitter habits.
The invitation to a former US president with whom the Prince is friendly wouldn't ordinarily make waves. (Obama used to smoke, but now it's all about the gum) and "LeBron James or Michael Jordan?"
Prince Harry hit Obama with several other pop culture questions.
Suits is the U.S. network series Markle starred in before she became engaged.
Prince Harry went on to call Obama the first social media president.
"I still care about making sure that the United States and the world is a place where kids get a decent education. There is nothing, not a single thing, that's more important to the future of America than whether or not young people all across this country can achieve their dreams", Obama says in a speech included in a 60-second YouTube video. "That we're conserving the fantastic resources of our planet so that future generations can enjoy the beauty of this place, like we did".
- Independence Bowl Updates: Florida State 23 Southern Miss 6 Halftime
- Can Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Stock Muster Up another Rally?
- Wet, cold and cloudy Wednesday expected in New Orleans: Dec. 27 forecast
- Blue UK passports not a sign of sovreignty, European Union said
- Jaguars send NFL's best defense out to punish Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers
- Empire State Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:ESRT) Shorted Shares Decreased By 2.18%
- Christmas celebrated with enthusiasm, fervour in J&K
- WattUp Wireless Charging Works From Four Metres Away
- NFL Predictions: Will Steelers vs. Texans Go Over Betting Total? 12/25/17
- Katrina skips, Iulia attends Salman Khan's TIGER ZINDA HAI screening