It's not too late since we're in flu season until at the latest April.
State health officials recommend Delawareans to get a flu shot as soon as possible. It is also impossible for the yearly vaccine to include all possible strains of the virus you may be exposed to that season, so you may still become infected with a strain of the virus that is different from the strains in your flu shot. So it's important to take preventative measures.
Even if vaccinated, there are more ways to prevent the spread of influenza. Some healthcare companies offer this option as part of a worksite wellness program in which they administer flu shots and provide educational materials.
"Flu is picking up and picking up early", Daniel Jernigan, director of the influenza division at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in an article for the Washington Post.
It's also wise to not attempt to self-diagnose - "Unless a doctor told you that you have the flu, you can not jump to that conclusion".
The flu shot will make me sick.
Patients in the central San Joaquin Valley have tested positive for influenza A and B. Influenza A is the more common strain, but the Valley is seeing more of influenza B than in other regions of the country, Bergen said.
Flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs.
Miller stated PHDM does have some idea of which viruses have been appearing most regularly during the current flu season.
Seniors, those aged over 65, get the shots free. As always, the earlier the better. Her comments carry weight as those of a local authority committed to flu prevention and care.
"This year's flu vaccine may be only 10 percent effective", said Dr. Jennifer Ashton, the chief health and medical editor for ABC News. Influenza-like illness is widespread across the state.
For a healthy person, the flu often just means using a couple sick days to recover.
How Effective Is The Flu Vaccine?This percentage ensures the product will have maximum effectiveness in killing germs. "For this reason, it's very important that we closely monitor the evolution of the H3N2 flu viruses throughout the 2018 U.S. flu season".
- Wet, cold and cloudy Wednesday expected in New Orleans: Dec. 27 forecast
- Some snow makes for a white Christmas
- Eagles Clinch Home-Field Advantage With 19-10 Win Over Oakland
- Harry Maguire's last-minute goal leaves Manchester United further behind Manchester City
- Near term Outlook For Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)
- Salvation Army serves up holiday meals to 300
- Shoppers expected to pack stores with returns the day after Christmas
- WattUp Wireless Charging Works From Four Metres Away
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury