Claire's stores are pulling some children's makeup off their shelves over asbestos claims by a mother and a Rhode Island law firm.
It was worse than she feared: The type of asbestos found in the test has been linked to a rare, incurable and fatal form of cancer called mesothelioma.
Kristi and her boss, John Deaton, purchased 17 more Claire's makeup products from nine different states.
The results came back positive for tremolite asbestos.
Speaking of the moment she found out, Warner told NBC: 'I physically sank.
"I remember literally sinking to the ground just being like, 'Oh my gosh!'" Warner said.
When WJAR reported Warner's story on December 22, Claire's acted quickly, announcing on December 23 that it was pulling nine makeup kits from store shelves while it conducts its own independent tests.
"Sourcing products from other countries without testing and due diligence is at best, lazy, dangerous, and definitely negligent".
Warner also expressed her fears that other children who may have used the products could be exposed to the harmful substance. Following news of the additional test results, Claire's issued a statement on December 23, promising to launch an "immediate investigation".
Almost ten items are being recalled after a mother from Rhode Island told the popular kid's retailer there's something unsafe in their products.
Claire's is conducting its own investigation and on Twitter said: "as always, the safety of our customers and products is our top priority". Once more information becomes available Claire's said it would take any necessary action.
- Wet, cold and cloudy Wednesday expected in New Orleans: Dec. 27 forecast
- Independence Bowl Updates: Florida State 23 Southern Miss 6 Halftime
- Flu season gets boost during holiday week
- Jaguars send NFL's best defense out to punish Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers
- UFC pres. Dana White fans the flames on Floyd Mayweather rumors
- WattUp Wireless Charging Works From Four Metres Away
- Amid controversy, lawsuits, Apple announces new battery policy for iPhone users
- EPL: Kane beats Shearer record for most goals
- Peak6 Investments LP Increases Stake in Nvidia Corp (Put) (NVDA)
- Shoppers expected to pack stores with returns the day after Christmas