Claire's stores are pulling some children's makeup off their shelves over asbestos claims by a mother and a Rhode Island law firm.
It was worse than she feared: The type of asbestos found in the test has been linked to a rare, incurable and fatal form of cancer called mesothelioma.
Kristi and her boss, John Deaton, purchased 17 more Claire's makeup products from nine different states.
The results came back positive for tremolite asbestos.
Speaking of the moment she found out, Warner told NBC: 'I physically sank.
"I remember literally sinking to the ground just being like, 'Oh my gosh!'" Warner said.
When WJAR reported Warner's story on December 22, Claire's acted quickly, announcing on December 23 that it was pulling nine makeup kits from store shelves while it conducts its own independent tests.
"Sourcing products from other countries without testing and due diligence is at best, lazy, dangerous, and definitely negligent".
Warner also expressed her fears that other children who may have used the products could be exposed to the harmful substance. Following news of the additional test results, Claire's issued a statement on December 23, promising to launch an "immediate investigation".
Almost ten items are being recalled after a mother from Rhode Island told the popular kid's retailer there's something unsafe in their products.
Claire's is conducting its own investigation and on Twitter said: "as always, the safety of our customers and products is our top priority". Once more information becomes available Claire's said it would take any necessary action.
- Mark Hamill "regrets" his criticism of latest portrayal of Luke Skywalker
- Liverpool 5-0 Swansea: Liverpool Thrash Swansea in Blistering Boxing Day Display
- WattUp Wireless Charging Works From Four Metres Away
- Ousted Catalan leader offers to meet PM outside Spain
- Barack Obama warns Prince Harry of society being splintered by online biases
- Snapchat are developing a new feature that everyone will want to use
- Stock Views And Recommendations: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Draymond Green joins National Basketball Association greats with latest triple-double
- Jaguars send NFL's best defense out to punish Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers
- James Harrison on Tom Brady: 'Finally a teammate that's older than me'