"He ain't fighting Conor McGregor", White said. That and GSP has said that putting on weight to make the 185-pound limit was detrimental to his health.
Recently the MMA world was buzzed and or riled up, when Dana White reported he was talking with Mayweather's camp, about the possibility of him signing a UFC deal.
"I haven't talked to Conor about fighting".
"Don't count anything out on him coming over to the UFC", White said. Prior to that announcement, White stated he would be "super pissed" if St-Pierre refused to defend the title, and that he was contractually obligated to do so.
Prior to winning the UFC's featherweight championship, McGregor worked his way up the ladder like any other contender.
During the build-up to the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight Mayweather teased several times that he'd fight in the UFC next, and the Irishman welcomed that opportunity with open arms. After knocking out Aldo, McGregor wanted to make history by challenging then-lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos.
But White dismissed those concerns and also insisted a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz was not on the cards.
First and foremost, McGregor doesn't need the money. The series is now tied 1-1. St-Pierre has fought primarily at 170 pounds. He fought [Chad] Mendes, [Dustin] Poirier.
"It wasn't Conor's fault [dos Anjos] got hurt".
Conor McGregor's future in the UFC remains a grand mystery, with the lightweight champion's return to the Octagon appearing to be far less of a formality than it did this time previous year. White is already trying to plan the future-with McGregor in it.
It was nonetheless an indication that a comeback was soon forthcoming, with interim 155lb. champion Tony Ferguson waiting in the wings.
- Eagles Clinch Home-Field Advantage With 19-10 Win Over Oakland
- Gov. Hutchinson: Prepayment of Property Taxes up to County Officials
- Barack Obama warns Prince Harry of society being splintered by online biases
- Kanye West Gifts Kim Kardashian Over $200K in Stocks for Christmas
- Empire State Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:ESRT) Shorted Shares Decreased By 2.18%
- Can Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Stock Muster Up another Rally?
- Flu season gets boost during holiday week
- Draymond Green joins National Basketball Association greats with latest triple-double
- James Harrison on Tom Brady: 'Finally a teammate that's older than me'
- Christmas celebrated with enthusiasm, fervour in J&K