A few more clouds drift in for Wednesday, and even with sunshine, temperatures are held in the 20s once again.
We'll still be quite cold tonight with lows in the single digits, and a little snow is on track by Thursday morning.
The weather service is advising people to keep their skin covered when outside to protect against frostbite.
Temperatures will be 20 degrees below average on Sunday from the Northeast to central Texas, and the Central Plains will be almost 40 degrees below average. Temperatures into the afternoon won't climb much. With air temperatures in the single digits and a northwesterly wind sustained 10-20 miles per hour, wind chill values have ranged from 0 to -20.
The National Weather Service said that temperatures in the low 20s feel like the mid teens given the wind chill. Wind chill values as low as 5.
There are lower chances of seeing freezing drizzle for central Alabama, and forecasters in Birmingham removed chances for measurable precipitation from the forecast. On the Virginia Shore, the highest temperature for the week will be 38 degrees Saturday and lowest 18 degrees Sunday night, per the weather service.
There is some hint that light precipitation could also accompany the Arctic cold front, but the probability is now only 20 percent.
Settle in for a frigid New Year's Weekend on Delmarva, with low temperatures in the teens all week and into Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
Boston Emergency Medical Services has also warned residents not to stay outside too long and to dress appropriately for the low temperatures.
Mostly clear and bitterly cold.
- Harry Maguire's last-minute goal leaves Manchester United further behind Manchester City
- Shoppers expected to pack stores with returns the day after Christmas
- Katrina skips, Iulia attends Salman Khan's TIGER ZINDA HAI screening
- Can Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Stock Muster Up another Rally?
- Empire State Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:ESRT) Shorted Shares Decreased By 2.18%
- James Harrison on Tom Brady: 'Finally a teammate that's older than me'
- Salvation Army serves up holiday meals to 300
- Glass Wall separates Kulbushan Jadhav & Family in Pakistan
- Independence Bowl Updates: Florida State 23 Southern Miss 6 Halftime
- Gov. Hutchinson: Prepayment of Property Taxes up to County Officials