A few more clouds drift in for Wednesday, and even with sunshine, temperatures are held in the 20s once again.
We'll still be quite cold tonight with lows in the single digits, and a little snow is on track by Thursday morning.
The weather service is advising people to keep their skin covered when outside to protect against frostbite.
Temperatures will be 20 degrees below average on Sunday from the Northeast to central Texas, and the Central Plains will be almost 40 degrees below average. Temperatures into the afternoon won't climb much. With air temperatures in the single digits and a northwesterly wind sustained 10-20 miles per hour, wind chill values have ranged from 0 to -20.
The National Weather Service said that temperatures in the low 20s feel like the mid teens given the wind chill. Wind chill values as low as 5.
There are lower chances of seeing freezing drizzle for central Alabama, and forecasters in Birmingham removed chances for measurable precipitation from the forecast. On the Virginia Shore, the highest temperature for the week will be 38 degrees Saturday and lowest 18 degrees Sunday night, per the weather service.
There is some hint that light precipitation could also accompany the Arctic cold front, but the probability is now only 20 percent.
Settle in for a frigid New Year's Weekend on Delmarva, with low temperatures in the teens all week and into Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
Boston Emergency Medical Services has also warned residents not to stay outside too long and to dress appropriately for the low temperatures.
Mostly clear and bitterly cold.
- Kanye West Gifts Kim Kardashian Over $200K in Stocks for Christmas
- Man Displaced After Two-Alarm Fire in Hurlock
- Some snow makes for a white Christmas
- WattUp Wireless Charging Works From Four Metres Away
- Near term Outlook For Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)
- Stock Views And Recommendations: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- NFL Predictions: Will Steelers vs. Texans Go Over Betting Total? 12/25/17
- Draymond Green joins National Basketball Association greats with latest triple-double
- Jaguars send NFL's best defense out to punish Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers
- Blue UK passports not a sign of sovreignty, European Union said