The city of Mount Pleasant will collect Christmas trees beginning January 2, 2018.
It is prohibited in the city for residents to burn their trees on their property without following city ordinance.
According to the city, the service is being provided free of charge through January 19 during normal operating at the recycling center.
They must be completely stripped of stand, all decorations, lights and tinsel. To ensure pickup, set your cut tree at your curb by 7 a.m. on recycling day. The city will place signs directing people to the drop-off point on the south side of the park after New Year's Day.
Fish and Wildlife says thousands of trees are dropped off every single year across the state as part of this program. Earthworm Soil Factory said anybody can drop of their tree for free at their facility, located off Neal Road just east of Highway 99.
Trees can be dropped off at the Solid Waste Authority in Farmington or at the recycling drop off in the lot behind the Marion County visitors bureau in Fairmont.
In much of Sonoma County, the regular waste service will take away even whole trees if they're left at curbside during scheduled pick-up days.
The tree pickup and brush collection will coordinate with residents' regular garbage pickup, according to the public works department's website.
Raphael also stressed that Christmas trees should not go into the compost bin.
Christmas tree recycling saves valuable landfill space.
Galesburg residents may also place their Christmas trees at the curb for collection; however, these trees will be landfilled and not composted.
The Joplin Recycling Center is accepting wrapping paper, boxes, cans, bottles, greeting cards, cooking oil and clean packing materials, such as artificial peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Titans coach not ruling DeMarco Murray out vs. Jaguars yet
- Unemployment Rate in Lewis County Creeps Up According to Latest Data
- Can Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Stock Muster Up another Rally?
- Wet, cold and cloudy Wednesday expected in New Orleans: Dec. 27 forecast
- UFC pres. Dana White fans the flames on Floyd Mayweather rumors
- Stock Views And Recommendations: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Gov. Hutchinson: Prepayment of Property Taxes up to County Officials
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Excessive video gaming to be recognized as mental health disorder
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester