And if you were hoping to step outside to shoot off fireworks or anything to ring in the new year, you might want to rethink that...
INDIANAPOLIS-The wind chill, which is what it feels like on your skin, could reach 25 below zero Tuesday morning, with an actual temperature of 10 below zero.
A Wind Chill Advisory will go into effect later tonight for all of southeastern MI.
Arctic air will remain over the region through the upcoming week. Wind chills of -30 to -40 will return that night.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, high near 11. Wind gusts could be as high as 21 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Accumulating Snow. A dusting to around an inch of snow is expected today south of an line from Valley City, North Dakota, to Fergus Falls, Minnesota.
Tonight, scattered snow showers. Wind chills tonight and Sunday will range from -10 to -20 degrees. Northwest wind around 9 miles per hour. Calm wind becoming west around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. The high on New Year's Day is only nine degrees, with the Monday night low of 2-below zero. West northwest wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. High temperatures again were mired in the lower 20s, and most of us have not been above the freezing mark (32°) since Christmas morning.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny. Wind: N 10-15; gusty.
- City of Binghamton urges residents to take measures to prevent frozen pipes
- Snapchat are developing a new feature that everyone will want to use
- Predicted Reds XI for Premier League clash v Leicester
- Phil McGraw Latest News, Photos, and Videos
- Apple Loses Legal Battle Against Italian Clothing Company "Steve Jobs"
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Amid controversy, lawsuits, Apple announces new battery policy for iPhone users
- Lady Luck Could be Smiling as Mega Millions, Powerball Jackpots Grow
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- The great, eco-friendly alternative to dumping your Christmas tree