Groups claiming to represent the Rajput community have protested and issued bounties for murder and mutilation of director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and lead actress Deepika Padukone, and have also been endorsed by a section of politicians, for "distortion of history".
Further mentioning that the film was reviewed by a special panel made by the CBFC, comprising of historians, the official added, "Special panel consisted of Arvind Singh from Udaipur, Dr Chandramani Singh and Professor KK Singh of Jaipur University".
The suggestions also included changing any incorrect and misleading reference to historical places, and modifications to a song in the film in which a Ghoomar dance is performed.
This forced the makers to defer the release of the film on Dec1. Furthermore, the filmmaker has been suggested to change the title of the film. Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi from this pressure spoke to the media and said if Padmavat releases in theatres, the men belonging to Sri Rajput Karna Sena will vandalize each and every cinema hall showing the flick.
Commenting on the three-member panel that reviewed the film, he said, "The royal being referred to in today's news as part of the panel that reviewed the film was not the head of the family, Maharana Mahendra Singhji Mewar, or me".
Popular Bollywood celebrities like Anubhav Sinha, Renuka Shahane and Apurva Asrani, among others also slammed CBFC's decision on Twitter, where some people edited Deepika's photograph with her co-star Ranveer Singh, referring to the new title, "Padmavat". Vote bank politics has obviously been done, the film is being seen after elections.
He said that he will continue to protest against "Padmavati" in democratic manner.
- Can Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Stock Muster Up another Rally?
- Bitterly cold start to the New Year
- Claire's Pulls Makeup Kits from Shelves Due to Asbestos Concerns
- Phil McGraw Latest News, Photos, and Videos
- Peak6 Investments LP Increases Stake in Nvidia Corp (Put) (NVDA)
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued as Bitter Cold Expected Today
- City of Binghamton urges residents to take measures to prevent frozen pipes
- Meghan Markle's sister unleashes on Prince Harry over family comments
- Instagram users to now see 'recommended posts' in home feed
- Lady Luck Could be Smiling as Mega Millions, Powerball Jackpots Grow