Despite having already been eliminated from playoff contention, the Cowboys still finished with a winning record at 9-7. On the other hand, the Philadelphia Eagles were on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. After Donnie Jones unleashed what may be the punt of the season, dropping a ball out of bounds at the Dallas one-yard line, I was openly pining for a punting competition to replace the rest of the game. The Eagles are 8-1 in their last nine ATS on grass and are 1-4 ATS in their last five against the Cowboys and with this being a meaningless game that trend could continue in Dallas' favour. After a strong performance against the New York Giants in his first start of the season, Nick Foles looked bad against the Oakland Raiders.
Maybe this will be the opportunity that rookie wide receiver Ryan Switzer needs to assure himself more playing time on offense next season.
Injuries Graham (ankle) sat out Sunday's game. "You know we are going to play a lot better teams in the playoffs and we have to play a lot better football".
The Eagles also have activated all of their offensive linemen for the first time - an indicator that they plan to finish the game with mostly second-team players. The Eagles defense responded with a fourth-down stop, shutting down Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott for a two-yard loss on fourth-and-1. Dak Prescott is also looking to end 2017 on a high note after struggling through a hard second half.
The last time Beasley caught a touchdown pass was during a win over the Kansas City Chiefs back on November 5, when he snared two balls in the end zone. The last thing the Eagles need is for Alshon Jeffrey or Zach Ertz to get hurt heading into the playoffs, not to mention Foles.
"You play sort of as poor and sloppy as you did offensively, but still have a chance to pull it out in the end with a two-minute drive to put yourself in position to kick the game-winner", Pederson said. Some will think the team rushed him back because the Eagles want to go all out for the Super Bowl this season. Meanwhile, Dallas played to win, its starters on the field for the entire game. The Eagles got their first third-down conversion midway through the third quarter. The Eagles managed to cross midfield again one more time, reaching the Dallas 44, but on fourth-and-2, Sudfeld's pass fell incomplete.
But somehow the Cowboys defense made it stand up against a collection of Eagles backups led by little-known quarterback Nate Sudfeld.
- Apple Loses Legal Battle Against Italian Clothing Company "Steve Jobs"
- Predicted Reds XI for Premier League clash v Leicester
- Dirk Koetter will return to coach Tampa Bay Buccaneers next season
- Music City Bowl: Northwestern survives Kentucky
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to criminalise Triple Talaq
- Claire's Pulls Makeup Kits from Shelves Due to Asbestos Concerns
- Snapchat are developing a new feature that everyone will want to use
- UFC pres. Dana White fans the flames on Floyd Mayweather rumors
- Mark Hamill "regrets" his criticism of latest portrayal of Luke Skywalker
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued as Bitter Cold Expected Today