Oviedo, whose birthday is December 31, arrived at the hospital at 8:30 p.m. with contractions.
Both St. Michael's Hospital and Humber River Hospital say they each welcomed new babies at exactly 12 a.m. on January 1.
Five babies were born at Cork University Maternity Hospital in the first few hours of the new year.
Oviedo's newborn daughter, Maxine Kylie, was born two seconds after midnight, likely making her Montreal's first baby born in 2018.
Mother and baby are reportedly doing well.
Mother Karen Boyce, 34, and father Ian McLaren have not yet named the child. The baby was due January 4, 2018.
Both St. Michael's Hospital and Humber River Hospital announced early Monday that they had welcomed new babies at exactly 12 a.m. on January 1.
She weighs four pounds and 11.5 ounces, and is 18 inches long.
Little Ariana was born at 12:01 a.m.in the hospital to mom Tania Shirin, 25.
The baby weighed 8lb 2oz after being born at 12.32am.
Figures for the first half of 2017 indicate the country is on course to record more than 60,000 births for the year.
With files from The Canadian Press.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Game time set for Bills vs. Jaguars in AFC Wild-Card playoff
- Packers end season with loss
- Ryan Seacrest happy that Mariah Carey returning for New Year's Eve performance
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Protecting Pipes During Cold Weather
- Meghan Markle's sister unleashes on Prince Harry over family comments
- Iran protests resume, social media footage shows
- PUBG hits 3 million concurrent players, breaking its own record
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab