Oviedo, whose birthday is December 31, arrived at the hospital at 8:30 p.m. with contractions.
Both St. Michael's Hospital and Humber River Hospital say they each welcomed new babies at exactly 12 a.m. on January 1.
Five babies were born at Cork University Maternity Hospital in the first few hours of the new year.
Oviedo's newborn daughter, Maxine Kylie, was born two seconds after midnight, likely making her Montreal's first baby born in 2018.
Mother and baby are reportedly doing well.
Mother Karen Boyce, 34, and father Ian McLaren have not yet named the child. The baby was due January 4, 2018.
Both St. Michael's Hospital and Humber River Hospital announced early Monday that they had welcomed new babies at exactly 12 a.m. on January 1.
She weighs four pounds and 11.5 ounces, and is 18 inches long.
Little Ariana was born at 12:01 a.m.in the hospital to mom Tania Shirin, 25.
The baby weighed 8lb 2oz after being born at 12.32am.
Figures for the first half of 2017 indicate the country is on course to record more than 60,000 births for the year.
With files from The Canadian Press.
- City of Binghamton urges residents to take measures to prevent frozen pipes
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to criminalise Triple Talaq
- Oil prices stay high
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Cleveland Browns stare down 0-16 season, trail Steelers 21-14
- Ryan Seacrest happy that Mariah Carey returning for New Year's Eve performance
- West Brom boss Alan Pardew: Point deserved. Players gave everything
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- CBFC clears decks for release of Padmavati: Here's how politicians reacted
- Packers end season with loss