More than 60 people took part in the annual icy plunge, which kicked off at 10 a.m.by the Charlottetown Yacht Club, at the foot of Pownal Street. "The rush is fun, but the rush does go away", Mitchell said.
Clifford said he will be wearing a bathrobe until just before entering the water. The water temperature was estimated at three degrees Celsius. The air temperature was also in the 20s.
The carefully controlled and monitored "swim" is usually less than a few strokes, and more of an in-and-out plunge into the Schuylkill River. "Our event does have a lifeguard present, unlike some other events". Founded in 1846, AP has covered all the major news events of the past 165 years, providing high-quality, informed reporting of everything from wars and elections to championship games and royal weddings.
The photo on the Grimsby Polar Bear Dip website from Bal Habour sums up the weather conditions.
"It's Chicago. You got to enjoy the cold - embrace it", said Mike Sinnow, who came out to plunge.
For Rossbach, he said the plunge has always been a fun and insane way for him and his family to start the new year. "Plus it's the ideal hangover cure after a long New Year's Eve night".
- West Brom boss Alan Pardew: Point deserved. Players gave everything
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Bitterly cold start to the New Year
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Music City Bowl: Northwestern survives Kentucky
- CBFC clears decks for release of Padmavati: Here's how politicians reacted
- James Harden leaves game versus Lakers with left leg injury