Unclear is how the struggling retailer performed during the holiday season.
Sears had owned the 143,000-square-foot space since 2000.
"It's one of those destination shopping stores", he said, "that exists in southwest Iowa". The Twin Falls Kmart store will remain open. A portion of Nevada north of Garden of the Gods already has been redeveloped with the University Village Colorado retail center.
It is among the 39 Sears stores the company deemed "unprofitable".
A Sears spokesman said Thursday the number of workers affected was not available.
Sears' billionaire chief executive and biggest shareholder Eddie Lampert said in July that some vendors had reduced their support, placing additional pressure on operations.
The Sears store located in the Hanford Mall will be closing in early April, according to a press release from the company.
Sears Holdings said they are continuing to match their physical store footprint with their digital capabilities.
Stores in Huntington, Clarksburg and St. Albans are on the list of 64 Kmart locations nationwide that will close in the coming months.
- Music City Bowl: Northwestern survives Kentucky
- Hardik Patel advises 'unhappy' Gujarat Dy CM Nitin Patel to join Congress
- Man Utd midfielder Pogba admits: We feel the pressure from behind us
- Nick Foles unable to ease concerns in postseason tune-up vs. Cowboys
- Jeff Sessions Is Coming for America's Legalized Marijuana
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to criminalise Triple Talaq
- Samsung responds to recently-uncovered Galaxy Note8 battery problem
- Pogba: Manchester United woke up at Everton
- LG Develops 88-Inch 8K OLED Display
- Tips for riders taking Uber on New Year's Eve