Unclear is how the struggling retailer performed during the holiday season.
Sears had owned the 143,000-square-foot space since 2000.
"It's one of those destination shopping stores", he said, "that exists in southwest Iowa". The Twin Falls Kmart store will remain open. A portion of Nevada north of Garden of the Gods already has been redeveloped with the University Village Colorado retail center.
It is among the 39 Sears stores the company deemed "unprofitable".
A Sears spokesman said Thursday the number of workers affected was not available.
Sears' billionaire chief executive and biggest shareholder Eddie Lampert said in July that some vendors had reduced their support, placing additional pressure on operations.
The Sears store located in the Hanford Mall will be closing in early April, according to a press release from the company.
Sears Holdings said they are continuing to match their physical store footprint with their digital capabilities.
Stores in Huntington, Clarksburg and St. Albans are on the list of 64 Kmart locations nationwide that will close in the coming months.
- Game time set for Bills vs. Jaguars in AFC Wild-Card playoff
- Raiders looking to reunite with Jon Gruden
- Apple plans to buy Netflix: Wants to dominate the streaming service market!
- West Brom boss Alan Pardew: Point deserved. Players gave everything
- Cleveland Browns stare down 0-16 season, trail Steelers 21-14
- New Nokia 6 Smartphone With Snapdragon 630 Gets Official
- First baby of the year born in Limerick
- Peach Bowl: UCF vs
- CBFC clears decks for release of Padmavati: Here's how politicians reacted
- Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers won't return in 2018