The issues of impropriety have been raised in reports from media outlets ranging from the NY-T's to The Daily Caller, and conservative author Peter Schweizer's "Clinton Cash" also fueled demands for a renewed investigation.
The emails were forced out after a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit from Judicial Watch and reveal that not only did Abedin have at least five emails on the computer and Clinton's unsecured private server which were classified, they were more than likely hacked by foreign adversaries because she used a Yahoo account. Comey asked, before adding the following historical quote from Martin Luther: "You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say". Reuters has not edited the statements or confirmed their accuracy. That witness is the same person who deleted an archive of Clinton's emails in 2015 after Congress had subpoenaed them.
There was no immediate response to a request for comment by officials at the Clinton Foundation.
Combetta was never charged with lying to the FBI, a federal felony. The FBI handed out immunity deals for the benefit of the investigation even though the letter exonerating Hillary was already in the works.
But then on May 3, 2016, the same employee in a subsequent Federal Bureau of Investigation interview told agents he had an "oh shit moment" and in late March 2015 deleted Clinton's email archive from the server, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation documents reviewed by The Hill.
He reversed himself two days before the vote, saying nothing of significance had been found in her emails.
"It doesn't take a Congressional investigation [to show that] nothing about that investigation was right", Swecker said.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), a House Judiciary Committee member, told The Hill that the new evidence proves the fix was in for Clinton. "Hillary Clinton obviously benefited from people taking actions to ensure she wasn't held accountable". You don't lock into a theory until you have the facts.
The US Justice Department (DOJ) has begun a new investigation into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton was Barack Hussein Obama's Secretary of State.
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- James Harden leaves game versus Lakers with left leg injury
- Meltdown, Specter bugs: Apple iPhones, ipad, Macs at risk
- Mauricio Pochettino admits his side got lucky in win over Swansea City
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- West Brom boss Alan Pardew: Point deserved. Players gave everything
- Apple plans to buy Netflix: Wants to dominate the streaming service market!
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- LG Develops 88-Inch 8K OLED Display