At that time, Granite Staters can expect bitterly cold air from Canada to arrive.
Moving up from Florida, parts of Georgia and the Carolinas also have the potential to see a bit of snow.
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee issued the Winter Storm Warning for Wednesday from 1 a.m.to Noon.
The overall forecast is for the most significant snow from Interstate 95 to the coast, ABC11 meteorologist Steve Stewart said.
Though we escape the strongest wind, gusts over 50 miles per hour will be possible at the coast, leading to some power outages and the potential for blizzard conditions in some coastal areas. It's expected to clip MA on Thursday, bringing significant snow to many areas. The morning and evening commute on Thursday could be hazardous.
"Actual impacts including snowfall amounts will be highly dependent on the track of the offshore intensifying storm", NWS said.
Another factor with this storm may be the wind.
Gaynor said it is important for people to prepare for the storm by making sure they have a warm place to go should you experience a power outage. Snow totals and wind gusts will depend on how far west the storm moves.
Accuweather is also predicting a blizzard for ME and New Brunswick, Canada, with winds topping 35 miles per hour and gusts reaching 70.
A freezing start Tuesday in Central Virginia where temperatures began the day near 10° in the metro and single digits in all rural communities. The majority of the US will remain in the deep cold for the foreseeable future. The National Weather Service has posted a Winter Storm Watch, warning residents to plan for hard travel conditions.
- NFL Head Coaching Rumors: Matt Patricia For Lions, Josh McDaniels For Colts
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Raiders looking to reunite with Jon Gruden
- Oakville's 2018 Polar Bear Dip Cancelled
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- LG Develops 88-Inch 8K OLED Display
- Mauricio Pochettino admits his side got lucky in win over Swansea City
- Apple plans to buy Netflix: Wants to dominate the streaming service market!
- Cleveland Browns stare down 0-16 season, trail Steelers 21-14
- Peach Bowl: UCF vs