We already have the Powerball lottery with its small chances to win and its $500 million and $600 million jackpots.
The Mega Millions jackpot stood at $450 million, with a $281 million cash option, at mid-day Friday, according to its official website. The winning numbers Tuesday were 1, 42, 47, 64 and 70, and the Mega Millions number was 22. The Powerball jackpot also surged, sitting at $550 million, with a $348 million cash option, after no victor Wednesday.
Powerball is drawn at 10:59 p.m. EST on Wednesdays and Saturdays, while Mega Millions drawings happen at 11 p.m. EST on Tuesdays and Fridays.
The Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots now total more than $950 million combined. The biggest lottery jackpots of all timeThe largest Powerball jackpot on record was $1.586 billion, which was won in January 2016. The jackpot could increase prior to the drawing if ticket sales outpace expectations.
"You've got a chance".
"But, there's the ticket", said lottery player Harvey Wright.
Lottery Fever Sweeps Stateline, Combined Jackpot $1B
Van Denton, spokesman for the N.C. Education Lottery, said big jackpots for the two games tend to see-saw.
Two huge jackpots, more than one billion dollars!
"I figure taxes and stuff, it's worth it when it gets up to $300 million or so", said Nate Boos, bought lottery ticket. The odds of winning both are one in 75.6 quadrillion. Saturday's roll will be the 21st roll since the last jackpot was claimed.
Recent big Powerball wins in North Dakota include a $100,000 Powerball with Power Play purchased from a Superpumper in Minot on December 30. The odds of winning that one are 1 in 302 million.
"I'd help a lot of people... and my family", he said.
- Sears closing Green Bay store, auto center
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Trump wants 'Deep State Justice Dept' to probe Huma Abedin
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- Justin Timberlake announces new single, album
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- NFL Head Coaching Rumors: Matt Patricia For Lions, Josh McDaniels For Colts
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Winter storm warning issued for northern Florida