A closer look at the Wild Card round match-ups show that at least some games are being portrayed as lopsided-that includes the Kansas City Chiefs being the heavily weighted favorites over the visiting Tennessee Titans.
The good news about that is that the Titans are not as good against the pass, ranking 25th in the entire league in yards surrendered (though it's worth noting that Kansas City is ranked 29th). The Chiefs have won four straight games, with three of those victories coming by double-digit margins.
And now the focus is on a playoff breakthrough.
Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Phillip Gaines was placed on injured reserve with a dislocated elbow, the team announced Wednesday. "We completed the first step and now it's on to the second one, which is winning this game". West didn't even make the trip to Denver, so he was unavailable.
Athuman Getty Images
The running game, led by Henry and quarterback Marcus Mariota, is expected to play a big role in the Titans' offense on Saturday. "I don't know if that made it better, but it's a good feeling". Left guard Quinton Spain is listed as questionable with a back injury. Henry said on Wednesday that he ran "soft" against the Jaguars, which wasn't inaccurate.
ESPN, with Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden (last game before joining the Raiders?), Lisa Salters and Adam Schefter (who is reporting that Gruden will be joining the Raiders). "Hopefully, it is going to pay off this week".
On the other side of the ball, Kansas City will have to stop the Titans rushing attack if they want to advance. But if the Chiefs once again fail to deliver in January, he and head coach Andy Reid will immediately come under fire. He's free to go back to his regular role of blocker and special-teams player against the Titans.
- Pogba: Manchester United woke up at Everton
- Why Apple's acquisition of Buddybuild is bad news for Android developers
- Game time set for Bills vs. Jaguars in AFC Wild-Card playoff
- Oakville's 2018 Polar Bear Dip Cancelled
- Winter storm warning issued for northern Florida
- Alexa will cook your food for you in 2018
- Jeff Sessions Is Coming for America's Legalized Marijuana
- Trump wants 'Deep State Justice Dept' to probe Huma Abedin
- Meltdown, Specter bugs: Apple iPhones, ipad, Macs at risk
- Monster Hunter World Is Getting Another Beta Before Launch