Kansas City rides a four-game winning streak into the postseason and seems to be playing like it did early on during a 5-0 start. The Chiefs need to show us that they are the team we think they are.
The two clubs opening the wild card playoff round at Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday afternoon enter from opposite perspectives.
And the Chiefs' playoff history is ... not pretty.
Chiefs linebacker Reggie Ragland was in swaddling blankets the previous time Kansas City won a home playoff game. The Titans do not play well from behind. After winning five of their first seven games, the Chiefs proceeded to lose four out of their last five.
In Week 16, Dragiev told SportsLine readers to back these same Chiefs at -10.5 against the Dolphins, saying the game would be a blowout.
Kareem Hunt: The Rookie sensation out of Toledo has had an incredible season, capped off with the National Football League rushing title. Hill recorded nine plays of more than 40 yards, including six touchdowns. Getting him going, and keeping him going, is going to be huge for Kansas City this week.
Mularkey said that's indicative of Kansas City's complementary style in all three phases.
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota completed 7-of-13 passes for 82 yards in the first half, with an interception. And in the team's must-win game against Jacksonville in Week 17, quarterback Marcus Mariota was the team's leading rusher. The team lost kick returners Akeem Hunt and De'Anthony Thomas to injuries in the season finale for the remainder of the season, leaving them with only wide receiver Tyreek Hill with significant experience returning kickoffs. Hunt had a bit of a downturn middle of the season - which make his total year stats more unbelievable - but has been back with force the past few weeks.
So, sorry, Bills Mafia, but a third meeting with Buffalo would give New England its easiest path to the AFC Championship Game.
Does it get any more exciting than the NFL Playoffs?
The Chiefs extended their lead to 14-0 on a 13-yard touchdown pass from Smith to tight end Travis Kelce. That is followed by NFL Countdown at 3 p.m.
Alex Smith: Smith, at age 33, is having his best season yet. The speedster was taken off that particular duty this season to keep him fresher for the offense.
- Why Apple's acquisition of Buddybuild is bad news for Android developers
- NFL Head Coaching Rumors: Matt Patricia For Lions, Josh McDaniels For Colts
- Hardik Patel advises 'unhappy' Gujarat Dy CM Nitin Patel to join Congress
- Titans RB ruled out for playoff game vs. Chiefs
- LG Develops 88-Inch 8K OLED Display
- Monster Hunter World Is Getting Another Beta Before Launch
- Immigration Attorneys Warn Against Using Marijuana As Feds Change Stance
- Lottery Fever Sweeps Stateline, Combined Jackpot $1B
- Alabama or Georgia? Who will win the College Football Playoff national championship?
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18