Premier League champions Chelsea have been linked with a shock move for an Everton star as they look to bolster their squad in this transfer window.
Ross Barkley has completed his move to Chelsea from Everton, with Sky sources understanding the fee to be £15m plus add-ons.
According to the Telegraph, Barkley has been impressed by Chelsea's persistence to procure his signature and now has no hesitations to move to Stamford Bridge.
Granted, the 24-year-old's contract was due to expire in a few months, leaving him free to join another club on a free transfer, but Chelsea were prepared to pay £35m to sign Barkley on transfer deadline day back in August.
Barkley told the Chelsea website: "I'm overwhelmed, I'm looking forward to it and I'm really excited to get started. He is very strong physically and has good technique", Conte added. "I have to still see him and then we have the opportunity to work together and understand how much time he needs [until he makes his debut]".
Conte urged caution over expectations for Barkley. He has good prospects for Chelsea.
"For sure we're talking about a young player, an English player", said Conte. "He is a complete player but at the same time he is very young and he has just started his career".
This is not necessarily a bad thing for Tottenham, however, what with Barkley's less than impressive injury record, and his inconsistent form over the past couple of years. We have to hope to recover him very quickly, to try to help us for the rest of the season'.
He added: 'The recruitment is not my job. He remained with the Toffees undergoing treatment on his hamstring injury.
Charly Musonda is available following a groin problem.
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- Apple plans to buy Netflix: Wants to dominate the streaming service market!
- Trump supports the Iranian people's struggle
- New Nokia 6 Smartphone With Snapdragon 630 Gets Official
- Trump wants 'Deep State Justice Dept' to probe Huma Abedin
- Wind, Whiteout Conditions Ground Flights At JFK Airport
- Sears closing Green Bay store, auto center
- Why Apple's acquisition of Buddybuild is bad news for Android developers
- Antonio Conte hits back at Jose Mourinho 'clown' comments
- Winter storm warning issued for northern Florida