Kane was a surprise starter as he scored twice in two minutes to see off the courageous resistance of AFC Wimbledon before Jan Vertonghen sealed the win.
Manchester United are ready to steal a march on the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid by launching a big-money swoop for Tottenham hitman Harry Kane, according to reports in Spain via the Manchester Evening News.
'I think Liverpool wanted to keep him but it is hard to keep him, and look what happened with Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester (United), (Zinedine) Zidane with Juventus, (Luis) Figo with Barcelona. We already know, via quotes from Pochettino himself, that Levy is working on improved terms for Alderweireld (and that fans need to stop with the Toby-related collective freak-out).
United have been linked with Kane constantly in recent years and they are one of the few clubs who could realistically afford him if Tottenham ever made a decision to cash-in.
Asked specifically about Kane, Pochettino said: 'I think Harry is special, so special, because he loves Tottenham and he feels Tottenham. The thing is with the cup, you can never be too sure.
"That is why it is so important to work together and try to achieve all that you want".
Kane breaks the deadlock on 63′.
Moussa Sissoko was the man who created it, breaking free on the right-hand side of the box and firing in a low cross which was bundled over the line by Kane.
Wimbledon defended stubbornly and came close to scoring in the 29th minute, when Abdou's curling effort - their first shot of the afternoon - was pushed onto the woodwork by Vorm, who recovered quickly to hold onto the follow-up effort.
Vertonghen wrapped up the win with the third strike for Tottenham in the 71st minute. We hope to get a home draw. It was like we had scored!
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino believes that teams will always struggle to retain their best players amid interest from the game's elite clubs. "When I saw the team-sheet I thought it was a wind-up because I couldn't believe Kane was playing".
- Alexa will cook your food for you in 2018
- Sears closing Green Bay store, auto center
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE:MPC) VP Sells 17298 Shares of Stock
- Pakistan, US at crossroad following Trump's fresh accusations
- Trump wants 'Deep State Justice Dept' to probe Huma Abedin
- Apple, researchers eye patches to solve Intel chip flaws
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- HP Recalling Laptop Batteries Worldwide Due to Overheating and Fire Risk
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses