The film is a semi-fictional retelling of the production of Wiseau's 2003 film "The Room", labelled as "the worst movie ever made".
This is Franco's first Golden Globes win on his fourth nomination, having previously been named in this category for Pineapple Express, in the dramatic category for 127 Hours, and in the miniseries category for James Dean.
Franco, who was born and raised in Palo Alto, won the award for playing Tommy Wiseau in "The Disaster Artist". "He said to his best friend Greg, 'Golden Globes?". So what - I'm not invited, so I show them. So, I show them.
Cult director Tommy Wiseau is one of the most enigmatic men in Hollywood, and his film The Room is one of the most fiercely hated (and, somehow, loved) movies in recent memory. "When I went to NYU, I always said I wanted my own Cohen brother someone to collaborate with", Franco said.
Franco also talked about longing to be a Coen brother as a kid, and thanked Dave for being his "very own Franco brother". "I don't wait for Hollywood, I make my own movie!" "This year, I've learned from all of my friends and collaborators". He blocked Tommy Wiseau from grabbing the microphone when he took him on stage, and then laughed as he pulled it away! "You owe him everything, dude", indie filmmaker Emily Yoshida tweeted.
That tweet came on the heels of an earlier message from Sheedy that also called out actor Christian Slater and used the loaded hashtag #MeToo. Wiseau may have made a movie that is a pile of trash by every estimation of quality, but it's a gift that continues to give so much more than anyone every thought.
- NDSU ends JMU 26-game winning streak for sixth FCS Championship
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- Titans RB ruled out for playoff game vs. Chiefs
- Mohamed Salah Wins African Footballer of the Year Award After Stunning Achievements
- Bigg Boss 11: Luv Tyagi eliminated; show gets its top 5 contestants
- Vikings will play Panthers-Saints victor in divisional round
- Oprah's Golden Globe Awards Speech Was Iconic
- Pakistan, US at crossroad following Trump's fresh accusations
- States Won't Back Down From Sessions On Marijuana