"We basically just start saying it's stupid cold outside", Mike Carmon, senior meteorologist at Mount Washington Observatory, told The New York Times. Heading into the overnight hours, the entire region is under a Wind Chill Warning.
Another day of dangerously cold temperatures for Saturday. Once again, it's a night that you can't leave your pets outside, nor you should spend any prolong time outside either.
Keep in mind that wind chill of 15 below zero can result in frostbite on exposed skin in only 30 minutes, and 30 below zero can result in frostbite in a mere 15 minutes of exposure. The air temperature will fall toward zero or below through early Friday morning. We will also be dealing with blowing snow. The warmer air mass will still have to fight bitter cold air at the surface as moisture arrives. It will feel turn even colder as the day wears on as strong winds (30-40mph) result in unsafe wind chills as well. "Intermittent lake-effect snow showers and squalls will continue through [today], with the Titusville area seeing 3-6 inches of snow during this time".
TODAY’S WEATHER PATTERN
Actual temperatures this afternoon are near zero degrees. Highest totals will be found on the tallest peaks. While still a very cold day, Sunday's upper teens with less wind will feel much better.
Sunday will be mostly cloudy with a high of 27. There will be a chance of rain late Thursday, then a rain/snow mix Friday.
We've been well below average across Mid-Michigan for awhile now, but we're actually going to have one of the coldest days we've seen during that stretch to close out the traditional workweek.
- Ross Barkley completes Chelsea transfer from Everton
- Immigration Attorneys Warn Against Using Marijuana As Feds Change Stance
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18
- HP Recalling Laptop Batteries Worldwide Due to Overheating and Fire Risk
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- NDSU ends JMU 26-game winning streak for sixth FCS Championship
- How would a 'latte levy' on throwaway cups affect Lincoln coffee shops?
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Pakistan, US at crossroad following Trump's fresh accusations
- Apple, researchers eye patches to solve Intel chip flaws