The 25-year-old Salah had a memorable year, first as part of the Egypt team that made the African Cup of Nations final in February.
At Liverpool, he has scored 23 goals in 29 games so far this season.
Mohamed Salah waves to the fans after Egypt qualify for the World Cup. "I want to tell them never to stop believing and dreaming". I had a fantastic time, with the national team and the team, it was an unbelievable moment.
Earlier, Mohammed Salah was voted the best African footballer of the year and according to the BBC.
Salah became the second after the Egyptian Mahmoud El-Khatib, was awarded the title of player of the year by the African football Confederation.
Mane has failed to match the performances he showed last season.
Salah will also be up against Liverpool team mate Roberto Firmino after he chipped in with 4 goals and 2 assists in December while Chelsea's Marcos Alonso is also in the running after scoring 3 times for the Blues last month.
Zambian youth player Parson Dhaka was named the youth player of the year, whilst Moroccan team Wydad Athletic Club was the 2017 club of the year.
The annual event also aims to encourage and enhance the performances of sports persons to maintain the high standard and quality of football administration and management in Africa.
"We are happy to play together".
Shortlists had been drawn up for both awards when the CAF executive committee made a decision to dump them, initially without offering any explanations.
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- States Won't Back Down From Sessions On Marijuana
- Vikings will play Panthers-Saints victor in divisional round
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- Playoffs not kind to Titans, Chiefs
- CNN's Jake Tapper cuts off 'obsequious' White House 'factotum' in contentious interview
- Jimmy Iovine to Leave Apple Music in August
- Amid suspension of military aid to Pakistan, US, India discuss bilateral issues
- Apple, researchers eye patches to solve Intel chip flaws
- Titans RB ruled out for playoff game vs. Chiefs