Blade Runner: Revelations is a virtual reality experience based on the iconic Blade Runner universe in which users assume the role of Harper, a seasoned blade runner who unravels a twisted replicant plot that threatens the delicate balance of Los Angeles in 2023.
The Lenovo Mirage Camera will cost $299.99 for a Wi-Fi connected version. The Mirage Solo is a pocketable camera that features two 13MP fisheye lenses with a 180x180 field of view and has a battery that lasts up to two hours. These also sport f/2.1 apertures, so they aren't going to give you insane depth of field like some of the other smartphones on the market right now, but you will get some crisp images. The standalone device will sport a Qualcomm 835 chipset, 4GB of RAM and 64 gigs of onboard memory. You don't need a specific type of, of expensive, smartphone and you don't need to worry about time in VR eating up your phone's battery.
Lenovo's Mirage Solo is poised to send the mobile VR scene for a loop. Because it's integrated into the device, pixels are nearly indiscernible to the degree that we didn't find ourselves trying to readjust the headset to get a better look. The Mirage Camera with Daydream, on the other hand, might have a price tag that's a bit harder to swallow at $300. You do have a shutter key on the top, just press it down like a normal camera and it'll take the shot for you. This would be good if you are wanting to get some great immersive images that you want to share in virtual reality later on. The content can be viewed on a standard display of course, but it's really meant to be used with a VR headset.
You can capture video and upload it later, or you can use the Lenovo Mirage Camera to broadcast live on YouTube.
Despite being the cheapest of the VR sets on the market right now, we've seen impressive discounts and bundles for the PSVR headset, cameras and games. The 139 grams camera works with Google's companion app VR180 so you can see what you are filming on the smartphone display.
The Mirage Camera includes 16GB of built-in storage and can be expanded with up to 128GB of additional storage via a microSD card. It's a pretty simple, but very useful camera.
But unless that price is as low as Facebook's (FB) upcoming standalone headset, the Oculus Go, priced at $199 and scheduled for release in early 2018, Lenovo could have serious trouble moving units. Initially, Google said it would be working with both Lenovo and HTC on stand-alones, but in November, Google and HTC unexpectedly canceled their plans for a stand-alone Daydream Vive headset.
- Oprah Responds To Rumours She's Planning To Run For President
- Golden Globes 2018: 'Oprah For President' - Twitter Cheers Her Emotional Speech
- Playoffs not kind to Titans, Chiefs
- Jimmy Iovine to Leave Apple Music in August
- CNN's Jake Tapper cuts off 'obsequious' White House 'factotum' in contentious interview
- Police investigate disappearance of journalist last seen in Houston
- Oprah's Golden Globe Awards Speech Was Iconic
- Amid suspension of military aid to Pakistan, US, India discuss bilateral issues
- Apple, researchers eye patches to solve Intel chip flaws
- Mohamed Salah Wins African Footballer of the Year Award After Stunning Achievements