Dave Shiflett, who co-wrote the book, told Refinery29 that, while he didn't think Trump was serious about running for president at the time, he was aware of what an asset Oprah would be were he do so. However, the Internet hasn't exactly taken kindly to her message with many wondering if she remembered what her father, Donald Trump stands accused of.
Winfrey used her speech to praise women who have shared their stories of sexual harassment and abuse, and to declare that "a new day is on the horizon" for girls and women. "They're the complete opposite!"
Barbara Streisand accepting her award
Following the evening's ceremony and Oprah's speech, Ivanka tweeted on Monday night that she "Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night's #GoldenGlobes. I bet if we looked into it, we would find out that Donald Trump once repossessed 100 people's cars".
"Yesterday a tweet about the Golden Globes and Oprah Winfrey was sent by a third party agency for NBC Entertainment in real time during the broadcast", the network said. She has ruled out in the past any hopes for running for president in 2020. If she wanted this sort of deafening political buzz to stop, she could stop it with a single issued statement - something Shermanesque like, "If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve".
"Reporters asked the White House today for their response to a potential Oprah candidacy". The notion got a boost from Oprah's partner, Stedman Graham, who told the LA Times that Oprah would "absolutely do it" if the conditions were right, but "it's up to the people". You will never be vice president! "They responded officially to the news that Oprah might run, saying, 'We welcome all comers.' Yeah, which is very easy to remember cause it's the exact opposite of their immigration policies".
Winfrey presented a speech that could be regarded as a historic rallying cry in the women's movement, notably in a post-Harvey Weinstein world in which women have become mobilized to fight sexual misconduct in American workplaces and demand equality in pay, opportunities and in having their voices heard and valued.
- Brad Pitt bids $120000 to watch 'Game of Thrones' with Emilia Clarke
- Senate Bill to Reverse Net Neutrality Repeal to Get Floor Vote
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18
- Jimmy Iovine to Leave Apple Music in August
- "Nvidia's partnering with ACER, ASUS and HP for 65" BFGDs
- FA Cup: Kane On Song As Spurs Ease Past Wimbledon
- Midstate remains under wind chill advisory
- Volkswagen ID Buzz will use Nvidia's AI technology
- States Won't Back Down From Sessions On Marijuana
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India