Dave Shiflett, who co-wrote the book, told Refinery29 that, while he didn't think Trump was serious about running for president at the time, he was aware of what an asset Oprah would be were he do so. However, the Internet hasn't exactly taken kindly to her message with many wondering if she remembered what her father, Donald Trump stands accused of.
Winfrey used her speech to praise women who have shared their stories of sexual harassment and abuse, and to declare that "a new day is on the horizon" for girls and women. "They're the complete opposite!"
Barbara Streisand accepting her award
Following the evening's ceremony and Oprah's speech, Ivanka tweeted on Monday night that she "Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night's #GoldenGlobes. I bet if we looked into it, we would find out that Donald Trump once repossessed 100 people's cars".
"Yesterday a tweet about the Golden Globes and Oprah Winfrey was sent by a third party agency for NBC Entertainment in real time during the broadcast", the network said. She has ruled out in the past any hopes for running for president in 2020. If she wanted this sort of deafening political buzz to stop, she could stop it with a single issued statement - something Shermanesque like, "If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve".
"Reporters asked the White House today for their response to a potential Oprah candidacy". The notion got a boost from Oprah's partner, Stedman Graham, who told the LA Times that Oprah would "absolutely do it" if the conditions were right, but "it's up to the people". You will never be vice president! "They responded officially to the news that Oprah might run, saying, 'We welcome all comers.' Yeah, which is very easy to remember cause it's the exact opposite of their immigration policies".
Winfrey presented a speech that could be regarded as a historic rallying cry in the women's movement, notably in a post-Harvey Weinstein world in which women have become mobilized to fight sexual misconduct in American workplaces and demand equality in pay, opportunities and in having their voices heard and valued.
- FA Cup: Kane On Song As Spurs Ease Past Wimbledon
- Aguero Double Keeps Man City Quadruple Hopes Alive
- James France wins 'Best Actor' for 'The Disaster Artist — GoldenGlobes
- Over 2000 hospitalized due to the flu in 2017-18
- NFL Playoffs: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams
- Acer launches thinnest laptop with 4G, plus new convertible, Chromebook
- Bigg Boss 11: Luv Tyagi eliminated; show gets its top 5 contestants
- Apple, researchers eye patches to solve Intel chip flaws
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE:MPC) VP Sells 17298 Shares of Stock
- Oprah's Golden Globe Awards Speech Was Iconic