The Project Linda dock has a 53.6Wh battery, capable of fast-charging the phone up to 3 times. Underneath the phone, there is a nice padded area to keep the Razer Phone from getting scratched when docked in place.
Project Linda bridges the gap between handheld entertainment and laptop convenience. There is also the option to hook up a mouse, which could give you an edge when it comes to some Android games. While Project Linda is initially planning to run off of the Razer Phone, it's just the first step into a much more significant ecosystem... You have to think about your computing loadout: for many, that consists of a smartphone and a laptop.
Tan also explained that the Netflix app will allow the company to "take full measure of the Razer Phone's HDR10-enabled display and dual-firing, front-facing Dolby-optimized speakers and THX-certified headphone connectivity".
In his review, Alastair Stevenson wrote: "The Razer Phone is a fantastic handset that makes the case for smartphones including variable refresh rate screens". Mobile processors are starting to seriously catch up with the chips you find in lower-end laptops, and the first Windows devices powered by mobile chips - actually, the same Snapdragon 835 found in the Razer Phone - are going on sale next month.
Razer Phone converts to laptop in Project Linda product concept
It comprises a backlit keyboard, with Razer Chroma coloured LEDs, and a 13.3-inch 120Hz Quad HD display. But it's like using a Chromebook nearly, but with plenty more power than most Chromebooks.
Project Linda users would simply slide their phone into a slot in the laptop's chassis where the touchpad would normally reside, turning the notebook frame into an Android-powered computer. However, there are some small UI and system tweaks to make the device more usable.
It just woudn't be CES without a prototype product from Razer, and this time around the company is showcasing Project Linda, an Android laptop/phone hybrid.
For more information on Razer's Project Linda concept and to register for announcements, visit razerzone.com/projectlinda.
- Aguero Double Keeps Man City Quadruple Hopes Alive
- FA Cup: Kane On Song As Spurs Ease Past Wimbledon
- Microsoft temporarily blocks AMD Meltdown and Spectre patches
- Volkswagen ID Buzz will use Nvidia's AI technology
- Jimmy Iovine to Leave Apple Music in August
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank
- Ross Barkley completes Chelsea transfer from Everton
- Vikings will play Panthers-Saints victor in divisional round
- Kylie Jenner Doesn't Want to Get Fat-Shamed Due to Her Pregnancy?
- Golden Globes 2018: 'Oprah For President' - Twitter Cheers Her Emotional Speech