Acer was not the only company that anticipated CES 2018 and has already announced interesting products. On the other hand, the Chromebook 14 G5 comes with a 14-inch display with 1366×768 pixels resolution. As far as ports go, you get a USB-C port on the left side, as well as a USB 3.0 port, a micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The real story is what's under the hood - while the base configuration features Intel's dual-core Celeron 3865U, you can step up to either the seventh-generation Core i5-7300U or the eighth-generation Core i7-8650U.
Compared to the previous Chromebook 11 series from the house of Acer, the new Chromebook will be more portable and compact.
Once officially launched, the new Chromebook 11 will be hitting shelves in two different variants.
Acer has also updated the port selection on the Chromebook 11.
Acer has launched a new version of its Chromebook 11 series of Chromebooks. Checking the scales at 2.4 pounds and only.71-inches thick, it should make for a great carrying-around laptop for students or anyone on the go, too.
Internal storage options are limited - you can only pick between 32 GB and 64 GB of storage - though both options arrive in speedy M.2 SSDs.
The Acer Chromebook 11 will be available in the United Kingdom and Europe from March. Perhaps like Android app support, we'll see Assistant roll to other Chromebooks in the coming months.
The Acer Chromebook 11 (CB311-8HT/ CB311-8H) is going to be aimed at consumers and families, or anyone who uses their device in a shared space or moves around. "Chromebooks are widely known as a fast, easy and secure way to work and play both online and offline". Google's still working on making these apps more Chromebook-friendly, but their simple availability has increased the usefulness of Chromebooks beyond education and basic web browsing. The Chromebook 11 starts at just $249, but features fairly low-end specs to match.
Still, given most people look to Chrome OS for its balance of capabilities and affordability, we suspect more will pick the new Acer than cough up around four times the amount for the Pixelbook.
Acer has stated that the Chromebook 11 is going to be available in the EMEA market first and will cost €249, while it'll be available in the United States come April for $249.
- Volkswagen ID Buzz will use Nvidia's AI technology
- "Nvidia's partnering with ACER, ASUS and HP for 65" BFGDs
- Kylie Jenner Doesn't Want to Get Fat-Shamed Due to Her Pregnancy?
- Arsenal Want Mahrez to Replace Alexis
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India
- Aguero Double Keeps Man City Quadruple Hopes Alive
- Trump Suggests Freezing $1.9B in Aid to Pakistan Just the Start
- Brad Pitt bids $120000 to watch 'Game of Thrones' with Emilia Clarke
- Supreme court leans toward OH voter purge - and other states may follow
- Senate Bill to Reverse Net Neutrality Repeal to Get Floor Vote