Temperatures will fall into the 0s and 10s.
Morning fog is anticipated Wednesday and a slight chance of freezing drizzle is expected after 4 p.m., as a mild high of 38 degrees provides the last vestiges of this January thaw fueled in part by a south wind with gusts up to 20 miles per hour.
Winter storm watch in effect from Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon.
While the snowfall would be the most the area's seen this winter, it's the high winds that will follow that could make travel treacherous for the Thursday afternoon commute. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. South wind 10 to 15 miles per hour becoming west in the afternoon.
Thursday: Snow likely, mainly after noon. Partly cloudy with a high temp in the upper 30s. By 4pm, the average area temperature will be 4 degrees, but the wind chill could drop to -20 with northwest winds gusting to 31 miles per hour.
For those heading to the Steelers game in advance of Sunday, a swath of snow and ice is possible Friday night and Saturday in the Pittsburgh area. Cloudy, with a low about 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
No accumulation in Denver, but 1 inch is possible across the Palmer Divide and the foothills. Snow will begin in western Iowa around 3 AM with a transition to freezing rain between western Iowa to rain along the I-35 at that time.
The Watch will go into effect late Thursday night and remain in effect until Friday evening. Cold wind chills as low as 20 below zero will cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
Another round of snow and ice will develop Friday in the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes, spreading into the interior Northeast Saturday.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
"The main thing we're anxious about this morning is the morning commute", Brian Tesar, a senior forecaster with the National Weather Service's Billings office, said Wednesday morning.
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Oprah Responds To Rumours She's Planning To Run For President
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Acer launches thinnest laptop with 4G, plus new convertible, Chromebook
- Aguero Double Keeps Man City Quadruple Hopes Alive
- California Hospital Seeing 'Record Season' For Flu Patients, Doctor Says
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank
- Microsoft temporarily blocks AMD Meltdown and Spectre patches
- Ibuprofen Use Linked to Male Infertility, New Study Suggests
- Top smartphones for gaming