Due to his outstanding form with table-toppers Manchester City, Kevin De Bruyne is now the odds-on favourite to be named this season's Premier League player of the year. The two English clubs have opened talks over a deal in the ongoing mid-season transfer window.
Jesus suffered a leg injury in the goalless draw against Crystal Palace on Christmas Eve with City manager Pep Guardiola confirming that he will be out for several weeks.
There were suggestions in December that City, who have always been interested in Sanchez, would prefer to wait until the Chile worldwide comes out of contract in the summer.
That Sanchez will feature is by no means a guarantee he'll remain an Arsenal player come February, but the Gunners are at least hoping to get as much as they can from him before he departs.
The report added that Arsenal is seeking a transfer fee of approximately £35 million (AU$60 million). Yes he would. I can only see him being at Manchester City.
The Premier League leaders have been heavily linked with a January move for the Arsenal forward. "I expect nothing. I'm focused on tomorrow's game (vs. Chelsea)". At the moment, it's very quiet.
I'm a huge fan of him, said Bellamy.
That's because he might have let slip that Sanchez is about to join City with the use of the word "when". Sanchez now has seven goals and three assists on the season for the Gunners, which put him at second and fifth for the team, respectively. He has helped Arsenal clinch two FA Cup titles since arriving at Emirates Stadium.
- James France wins 'Best Actor' for 'The Disaster Artist — GoldenGlobes
- Monaco set asking price for Arsenal and Liverpool target Thomas Lemar
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India
- "Nvidia's partnering with ACER, ASUS and HP for 65" BFGDs
- Alabama school closings and delays today because of winter weather
- Mohamed Salah Wins African Footballer of the Year Award After Stunning Achievements
- Google details Lenovo, Yi's VR180 cameras for spring launch
- Aguero Double Keeps Man City Quadruple Hopes Alive
- Drunk guy slaps Harvey Weinstein at an Arizona restaurant
- Midstate remains under wind chill advisory