Between BLACK FRIDAY and the end of DECEMBER 2017, 7% of Americans report acquiring at least one smart speaker - 4% report acquiring their first smart speaker device during the holidays. Next in line is the LG WK9 that we can now call as a smart display-a category that is receiving a lot of new additions this year.
Consumer electronics titan LG on Monday proclaimed this year a "tipping point" for smart homes, pushing hard into artificial intelligence and building Google Assistant into a smart speaker.
Only a few months ago did JBL launch its Link series, four speakers with Google Assistant built-in and now it has added a fifth member to the family, the Link View. It has impressive stereo speakers of its own, tuned by Meridian Audio, but it stands out with an 8 touchscreen. The device will also have Chromecast functionality, and a speaker that will provide "high quality sound". Ask the LG ThinQ WK9 and it'll play it on YouTube for you.
"Google Assistant will follow you, from your phone...or from future headphones that will have a voice assistant built in". While Google Duo hasn't seen much love from the users so far, we hope that it gets the attention it deserves after its integration with more smart devices. "Commissioning studies like THE SMART AUDIO REPORT allows us to stay ahead of the curve, meaningfully connect with listeners, and continue finding ways to create a more informed public". As for LG, it has an advantage because the company knows the smart home game.
- Four-Year-Old Boy Dies From The Flu In Ohio
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India
- Why Fans Are Furious About Michelle Williams' Treatment In Her New Movie
- Razer Phone converts to laptop in Project Linda product concept
- Alabama school closings and delays today because of winter weather
- Golden Globes 2018: 'Oprah For President' - Twitter Cheers Her Emotional Speech
- "Nvidia's partnering with ACER, ASUS and HP for 65" BFGDs
- Kylie Jenner Doesn't Want to Get Fat-Shamed Due to Her Pregnancy?
- BBC News Editor Quits Her Post to Protest Gender Pay Gap
- Police investigate disappearance of journalist last seen in Houston