Between BLACK FRIDAY and the end of DECEMBER 2017, 7% of Americans report acquiring at least one smart speaker - 4% report acquiring their first smart speaker device during the holidays. Next in line is the LG WK9 that we can now call as a smart display-a category that is receiving a lot of new additions this year.
Consumer electronics titan LG on Monday proclaimed this year a "tipping point" for smart homes, pushing hard into artificial intelligence and building Google Assistant into a smart speaker.
Only a few months ago did JBL launch its Link series, four speakers with Google Assistant built-in and now it has added a fifth member to the family, the Link View. It has impressive stereo speakers of its own, tuned by Meridian Audio, but it stands out with an 8 touchscreen. The device will also have Chromecast functionality, and a speaker that will provide "high quality sound". Ask the LG ThinQ WK9 and it'll play it on YouTube for you.
"Google Assistant will follow you, from your phone...or from future headphones that will have a voice assistant built in". While Google Duo hasn't seen much love from the users so far, we hope that it gets the attention it deserves after its integration with more smart devices. "Commissioning studies like THE SMART AUDIO REPORT allows us to stay ahead of the curve, meaningfully connect with listeners, and continue finding ways to create a more informed public". As for LG, it has an advantage because the company knows the smart home game.
- Google details Lenovo, Yi's VR180 cameras for spring launch
- Volkswagen ID Buzz will use Nvidia's AI technology
- BBC News Editor Quits Her Post to Protest Gender Pay Gap
- Four-Year-Old Boy Dies From The Flu In Ohio
- Police investigate disappearance of journalist last seen in Houston
- Microsoft temporarily blocks AMD Meltdown and Spectre patches
- Brad Pitt bids $120000 to watch 'Game of Thrones' with Emilia Clarke
- Trump Suggests Freezing $1.9B in Aid to Pakistan Just the Start
- "Nvidia's partnering with ACER, ASUS and HP for 65" BFGDs
- Monaco set asking price for Arsenal and Liverpool target Thomas Lemar