Medical Superintendent SKIMS, Dr S. Amin Tabish told Rising Kashmir that there was only one H1N1 positive patient at the isolation ward of the hospital at present and he is being treated. "You may be here for three hours and believe you will be the next patient".
Public health officials are also urging those who are sick to stay home, and for employers to allow workers to take days away when they're ill.
Symptoms of flu can include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.
On social media, Medical City Lewisville educated the public on how to differentiate between the common cold, also normal in the winter weather, and the more serious flu virus.
H3N2 has been responsible for some of the worst flu seasons in the United States of America in recent years, including the 2006-2007, 2012-2013, and 2014-2015 bouts.
The department said last week that the state was experiencing "the highest number of seasonal cases this early since influenza tests became reportable" and that Arizona hasn't seen widespread cases until February in the past two years. At this time a year ago, there were 834 total cases, with 282 in the final week of December.
Hays County Local Health Department Epidemiologist Eric Schneider said flu season is technically September through April. This means there could be more deaths than the three that are being reported. District spokesman Clint Bond said, "We know when it comes right down to it it may be that we do have a lot of absences, but this is at least an attempt to try and minimize that". "Last year, Mohave County experienced a similar spike in activity as this same time, and it did end up being our peak activity".
"We really haven't seen a season quite like this in a little while", said Dr. Michelle Murti of Public Health Ontario, referring to the mix of two primary strains making people sick during this year's epidemic.
"Pair these factors with an early start to the season, and we've got ourselves a bad year of influenza", Scherzer said. That's why getting the flu vaccination is the safest and most effective way to prevent the flu for everyone 6 months and older.
"Even if it's not a good match and even if you do get sick, you have a milder version of the disease, so hopefully you don't have to be hospitalized ... and you may not expire", he said.
Eat a balanced diet and get plenty of sleep.
Wash your hands often and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Ibuprofen Use Linked to Male Infertility, New Study Suggests
- Police investigate disappearance of journalist last seen in Houston
- Vikings will play Panthers-Saints victor in divisional round
- Microsoft temporarily blocks AMD Meltdown and Spectre patches
- Mohamed Salah Wins African Footballer of the Year Award After Stunning Achievements
- Drunk guy slaps Harvey Weinstein at an Arizona restaurant
- Bigg Boss 11: Luv Tyagi eliminated; show gets its top 5 contestants
- Kylie Jenner Doesn't Want to Get Fat-Shamed Due to Her Pregnancy?
- Brad Pitt bids $120000 to watch 'Game of Thrones' with Emilia Clarke
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank