If the sight of Sanchez on the bench was unusual, so too was Wenger watching his own team play from the press tribune as he served the second game of a touchline ban for misconduct toward a referee. "If you want to win you have to score", Conte said. In this case we have reached the semi-final and our task is to try to reach the final and then to try to win this trophy.
It was the fourth meeting between both teams so far this season with Arsenal winning on penalties in the FA Community Shield while both clashes in the league ended in draws.
Chelsea will host Arsenal in the first leg of a Carabao Cup semifinal tie on Wednesday. Indeed, Arsenal have a fight on their hands to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League this season, while they will also hope to challenge for the Europa League having qualified for the knockout stage with a minimum of fuss before Christmas.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Wenger added: "I felt there was great togetherness, we didn't give many chances away".
Wenger's side faced Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the second match in England to have access to the VAR technology.
Arsene Wenger insisted that his surprising decision to bench Alexis Sanchez at Chelsea on Wednesday night "had nothing to do" with negotiations with Manchester City for his imminent transfer.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport?
After a quiet start to the half, the visitors had a chance to break the deadlock when Alexandre Lacazette broke through on goal, however the striker sliced his effort horribly wide.
David Ospina had to grab the ball at the second attempt when a left-footer Victor Moses drive bounced off the goalkeeper's body.
When Maitland-Niles went down under pressure from Moses in the area, referee Martin Atkinson consulted the video assistant referee, but no penalty was given.
Cesc Fàbregas also saw a header saved although Andreas Christensen may have done better late on.
- Trump blasts court system as 'broken,' 'unfair' after DACA ruling
- Supreme court leans toward OH voter purge - and other states may follow
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India
- Razer Phone converts to laptop in Project Linda product concept
- Golden Globes 2018: 'Oprah For President' - Twitter Cheers Her Emotional Speech
- Dish is getting Google Assistant voice control soon
- Senate Bill to Reverse Net Neutrality Repeal to Get Floor Vote
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank
- Four-Year-Old Boy Dies From The Flu In Ohio
- California Hospital Seeing 'Record Season' For Flu Patients, Doctor Says