She has been in the industry for 20 yrs.
"This is so messed up that it is nearly hard to believe", wrote director and producer Judd Apatow.
"The optics are awful".
Neither Wahlberg nor Williams nor co-star Timothy Hutton had reshoot clauses built into their contracts. Wahlberg reportedly earned $1.5 million for the same work. The USA Today report comes more than a month after a report in the Washington Post that Wahlberg had been paid $2 million to reshoot, with a source accusing there was merely "a figure in the hundreds of thousands of dollars or less for Williams, Plummer and other actors". They knew that this was going down, but failed to inform Williams of the deal.
"I said I'd be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me", she told USA Today in December. And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted.
Movie producer Judd Apatow called the claims "messed up". and added: 'I wonder if the studio or Wahlberg will do something to make the situation less insane'. That means Williams made less than 0.1 percent of Wahlberg's salary for the reshoot. Adding insult to injury, Wahlberg and Williams are both represented by the William Morris Endeavor agency.
With news of the pay gap now public, many actors and fans have come to Williams defense, including The Deuce's Dave Krumholtz.
"The thing with pay inequality is it's one branch on the power tree".
"For me, it was an instant yes", the actress said of the reshoots while promoting the film.
The ceremony highlighted the Time's Up initiative, which seeks to take action on sexual harassment and inequality in the workplace. Katie Walsh of Tribune News Service said, "It's a testament to Michelle Williams's outsize talent that for all the hubbub surrounding the film, she shines like a beacon". Portman had just won an Oscar for her role in Black Swan, but was still paid three times less than her non-Oscar winning co-star.
After Kevin Spacey was accused of sexual assault past year, the actor was taken off numerous projects from his Master Class to House of Cards.
"Exposing the gross disparity in pay & hard evidence of the gender gap- negotiated by the SAME agents no less! - isn't a witch hunt", Bush tweeted.
- Greg Gabriel discusses the Bears hire of Matt Nagy on Sports Feed
- Ibuprofen Use Linked to Male Infertility, New Study Suggests
- Trump blasts court system as 'broken,' 'unfair' after DACA ruling
- Oprah Responds To Rumours She's Planning To Run For President
- Drunk guy slaps Harvey Weinstein at an Arizona restaurant
- BBC News Editor Quits Her Post to Protest Gender Pay Gap
- Google details Lenovo, Yi's VR180 cameras for spring launch
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank
- Police investigate disappearance of journalist last seen in Houston
- Four-Year-Old Boy Dies From The Flu In Ohio