Meanwhile, Scarlett has expressed her interest in taking on a Black Widow franchise in the past, telling Collider in 2015 "there's room for a standalone movie" in the Marvel universe, and maybe even more films led by the character. More than all that: the writer we're getting is Jac Schaeffer.
Schaeffer is a smart grab if only because it suggests that Marvel won't be making an awkward Black Widow movie that's spearheaded entirely by men.
Black Widow is a name with a notable legacy within Marvel comic book lore. Finally bringing in Black Widow into the mix does feel a little late considering Johansson's character has already appeared in 6 films already, but better late than never. Although Marvel hasn't unveiled an official Phase Four slate yet, so far "Spider-Man: Homecoming 2" and "Guardians of the Galaxy 3" are the only movies that have been officially announced for post-"Avengers 4".
Schaeffer isn't a household name yet, but she's a Princeton grad with screenwriting skills good enough to catch the eye of both Marvel and Anne Hathaway.
Speaking recently on the set of the fourth "Avengers" film, she said: "It's bittersweet to imagine not having these films to come back to". Sure, you could say that we're geeks, but we prefer the term 'Super Geeks.' Thanks to this obsession, we've watched all of the Marvel movies at least 156 times, and we know all of the characters inside and out.
For all the great things that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has accomplished, it has to sting Disney just a bit that Warner Bros. beat it to the punch with a critically acclaimed, financially successful female-led superhero movie like Wonder Woman. She'll reprise her Black Widow role once again in Avengers: Infinity War, out this May. "She's got a really rich origins story", the actress told Variety in 2016 of Black Widow (AKA Natalia "Natasha" Romanova), a Russian agent who was trained as a spy, martial artist, and sniper from the time she was a young girl.
- Meghan Markle Broke A Major Royal Style Taboo Today - Will Kate Follow?
- Acer launches thinnest laptop with 4G, plus new convertible, Chromebook
- Why Fans Are Furious About Michelle Williams' Treatment In Her New Movie
- Drunk guy slaps Harvey Weinstein at an Arizona restaurant
- Greg Gabriel discusses the Bears hire of Matt Nagy on Sports Feed
- Trump blasts court system as 'broken,' 'unfair' after DACA ruling
- Ibuprofen Use Linked to Male Infertility, New Study Suggests
- California Hospital Seeing 'Record Season' For Flu Patients, Doctor Says
- Kylie Jenner Doesn't Want to Get Fat-Shamed Due to Her Pregnancy?
- Trump Slams Controversial Spying Program His White House Aggressively Supports