Since McManaman quit Anfield for the Bernabeu, where he won two Champions League titles, Liverpool have also lost Owen, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, Suarez and Raheem Sterling. City like to play out from the back and will always give you a chance, which is why Lallana could be a real difference-maker this weekend.
RB believes that Keita is key to their challenge.
"There are contracts, and they say that he will be a Liverpool employee from July 1st onwards".
Keita coupled with the addition of Van Dijk is a far stronger Liverpool side than the one that Coutinho is leaving.
Second-placed Manchester United host Stoke City on Monday, the visitors now without a coach after sacking Mark Hughes following their FA Cup defeat by League Two Coventry City.
According to the report, negotiations have not started yet but they are expected to before the season is finished.
Other rumoured signings include Arsenal duo Alexis Sanchez andMesut Ozil, both of whom are now unsettled at the North London club, and Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka.
The Reds activated Keita's £48m ($62m) release clause which comes into force only this summer by agreeing to pay a premium and concluded a deal for the midfielder.
Firmino, Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah had formed a part of Liverpool's vaunted "Fab Four" this season as the Reds terrorised Premier League defences but with Coutinho's departure, the quartet has split to leave Reds fans anxious about the strength of Jurgen Klopp's squad.
The last thing that the German wants is to sign is another Mario Balotelli or Alberto Aquilani.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is another, albeit very different, option in midfield and is getting to grips with Liverpool's style of play following his summer move from Arsenal.
- Greg Gabriel discusses the Bears hire of Matt Nagy on Sports Feed
- Dish is getting Google Assistant voice control soon
- USA issues highest travel warning for five Mexican states
- Alabama school closings and delays today because of winter weather
- Google details Lenovo, Yi's VR180 cameras for spring launch
- Razer Phone converts to laptop in Project Linda product concept
- Wenger manages Arsenal in cup semi while sitting with media
- Trump blasts court system as 'broken,' 'unfair' after DACA ruling
- Trump Slams Controversial Spying Program His White House Aggressively Supports
- Hyundai Nexo Fuel-Cell Crossover Goes 350 Miles Per Tank