DeGeneres, 59, and her wife Portia Di Rossi, 44, were evacuated from their home in Montecito on Sunday as deadly mudslides cause enormous damage to the neighbourhood. The rain triggered massive mudslides.
"So many times over the past 15 years, people have come up to me and say to me that when they're going through a tough time this show helps them through it", DeGeneres told her audience. But it's impossible to know yet because the debris made it impossible to assess the extent of the damage, TMZ said. "You've seen the news". You do unbelievable work for people but also for animals. Winfrey ran into some members of the Venture City Fire Department while on her walk, and the audience applauded as one of them described the area and said that they are still searching for victims. "People are trying to locate missing people, it's basically search and rescue right now".
She mentions that the whole family only went once on a trip and that was at the Warner Brothers studios. DeGeneres revealed a family tragedy during a taping of her TV show. Fortunately for Winfrey, her house is located on a knoll, so she feels safe for now, even though her home won't have water or gas service until further notice.
The clip comes just days after her inspiring speech at the Golden Globe Awards that had some speculating about her political ambitions.
Ellen's moving posts clearly struck a chord, with a number of her 50 million fans on the social networking site.
Here's what Winfrey shared on Instagram earlier this week.
"It's not just a wealthy community, it's filled with a lot of different types of people from all backgrounds. I am praying and thinking so much for our friends in the hospital and their families that are still missing". They're finding people and bodies.
It's an emotional week for Ellen DeGeneres.
Winfrey had earlier posted videos on Instagram showing her wading through almost knee-deep mud on her property and later inspecting the damage.
"My property is fine", Winfrey said.
- Kodak announces its own cryptocurrency and sees shares rocket
- Tonya Harding: 'I knew something was up' prior to Nancy Kerrigan attack
- Alabama school closings and delays today because of winter weather
- Majority don't want Oprah to run
- BBC News Editor Quits Her Post to Protest Gender Pay Gap
- USA issues highest travel warning for five Mexican states
- Dish is getting Google Assistant voice control soon
- RB Leipzig will resist Liverpool's attempts to get Naby Keita in January
- Isaiah Thomas didn't expect to have such an efficient debut
- Trump Suggests Freezing $1.9B in Aid to Pakistan Just the Start