The Red Devils midfielder scored Manchester United's second goal in a 2-0 win against Everton at Goodison Park on Monday evening to help Jose Mourinho's win their first Premier League game in four outings. "It's just the way football is".
"I think they (ex-players turned pundits) would love to be here, in the club and that's a problem that I can not resolve".
Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard grabbed the second-half goals which settled the contest but it was Pogba who was the beating heart of their renaissance after a lifeless first 45 minutes. In a paragraph entitled "Jose Mourinho will leave Manchester United", football writer Daniel Storey wrote, "Ah yes, the elephant in the room".
United are still 12 points adrift of their Manchester rivals, but Mourinho, who has criticised his stars recently, took heart from the way his players battled to subdue Everton. With Liverpool edging past Burnley 2-1 earlier thanks to an injury-time victor, a defeat for United at Everton hours later would have dropped Mourinho's team below its arch rival to fourth place.
After spending much of his United career struggling to hold down a place, Lingard has thrived under Mourinho, who was full of praise for his development. That doesn't mean that we all have to be phenomenal.Paul Pogba tries to do his best all the time.
Paul Pogba believes Manchester United need to wake up from their recent dip in form if they're to cement their position as the best of the rest in the Premier League.
He finally returned to United in 2015 and played a decent role under Louis Van Gaal.
"If Paul [Scholes] decides to be a manager one day, I wish that he can be 25% as successful as myself. There are 25 titles, so 25 percent would be about 6 titles, which would be very good", Mourinho concluded.
Fierce defences of his players have always been as staple in Mourinho's time-honoured principles as setting up robust defences, both of which finally returned at Goodison yesterday.
"I think they would love to be here. I'll show you the way'". In fact, it most quarters that would be seen as good management, and that's how we feel about this.
United are now 15 points behind leaders Manchester City in the Premier League table.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day following ruckus over triple talaq bill
- Wenger manages Arsenal in cup semi while sitting with media
- UIDAI Introduces 16-Digit Virtual Aadhaar ID For More Security!
- Michael Wolff: Donald Trump knowing who's Jewish is creepy
- Elliott DeGeneres, Ellen DeGeneres' father, passes away at 92
- Kodak announces its own cryptocurrency and sees shares rocket
- Nintendo Direct Mini 01/11 - Dark Souls Remastered Revealed, plus more …
- Majority don't want Oprah to run
- Arsenal Want Mahrez to Replace Alexis
- Supreme court leans toward OH voter purge - and other states may follow