Griezmann has been in good form for Atletico this season, scoring eight goals and providing six assists so far.
The Brazilian had initially been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with the knee ligament injury he picked up against Crystal Palace on New Year's Eve.
"We are facing them in their best moment".
However, Guardiola refused to discuss the speculation surrounding the 29-year-old, insisting his focus remains on City's trip to Liverpool on Sunday. Jurgen Klopp's side will have a slightly different look to it now as Van Djik settles into the back four and the team will need to replace Philip Couthino who just moved to Barcelona for an eyewatering £142 million. The Argentinian, who was being criticised as recently as Christmas for lacking sharpness, has scored four in his last three games and now has 19 for a season in which he became City's record goalscorer.
In the middle of the park, the trio of Fernandinho, Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva are likely to take the field at Anfield.
Liverpool are unbeaten in 17 matches in all competitions, their best run under Jurgen Klopp, since losing to Tottenham on 22 October.
Two years ago the England worldwide was jeered and substituted at half-time during his first game back at Liverpool following his £49million move to Manchester City.
The former Manchester City youth player will be desperate to get away from Liverpool if he is to have any chance of being considered for the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
The two sides have scored over 100 league goals between them (Manchester City 64 goals, Liverpool 50 goals).
The pair enjoyed a healthy rivalry as bosses of Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, which took in the 2013 Champions League final, and has continued in England, adding an extra sub-plot as two of the Premier League's biggest sides meet. The Dons are the only club to do this since the Second World War.
Being the perfectionist that he is, Pep Guardiola may have been mildly irked not to have broken the previous top-flight record for consecutive wins he had set with his Bayern side. On that day, Liverpool kept the ball so much that their defenders barely had to make a tackle, with the Red's attackers running riot.
Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson are expected to play as the two fullbacks.
The game is scheduled on Sunday, 14th January and will be telecast on Star Sports Select 1 and Select HD1 from 9:30 p.m. IST for the Indian viewers.
"Of course they're not".
- UIDAI Introduces 16-Digit Virtual Aadhaar ID For More Security!
- Delta Air Lines Inc Earnings Advance 13% In Q4
- Kodak announces its own cryptocurrency and sees shares rocket
- Liverpool end Manchester City's unbeaten run in dramatic style
- Tonya Harding: 'I knew something was up' prior to Nancy Kerrigan attack
- RB Leipzig Issue Statement On Early Liverpool Move For Naby Keita Speculation
- Isaiah Thomas didn't expect to have such an efficient debut
- Netanyahu supports "gradual cutback" of USA funding to UNRWA
- New York City Just Sued 5 Oil Companies. Could Chicago?
- Man Utd boss Mourinho: Lukaku pushed me to select him for Everton