The money was reportedly paid to keep Clifford from talking about a sexual encounter she allegedly had with Trump in 2006, shortly after the billionaire's third wife, Melania, gave birth to their son Barron.
Stormy Daniels also denies the encounter took place.
Clifford threatened to renege on the deal after she said the payment wasn't being made quickly enough, WSJ reported.
The next day she spoke to Clifford and asked how her night went, which she relayed to the Daily Beast: "She tells me, 'All I'm going to say is: I ended up with Donald in his hotel room". The couple Wednesday in 2005. Cohen did not address the alleged $130,000 payment. However, Cohen, terming the report false, said the president has "vehemently" denied any encounter. "You have attempted to perpetuate this false narrative for over a year; a narrative that has been consistently denied by all parties since at least 2011".
In November 2016, the Journal reported that Clifford had been in talks for months to appear on Good Morning America in the fall of 2016 to discuss Trump. No such story ever ran in the Enquirer, suggesting the magazine acquired the story in order to keep it under wraps, a tactic known as "catch and kill".
The White House denied to comment on the report by The Wall Street Journal. The company denied that it had locked down a story that could have damaged Trump prior to the election. What's interesting is, Stephanie didn't comment to the Journal herself and her lawyer declined to comment on the matter. He left after close to a decade after the election. Their encounter was said by the Journal to have been consensual.
The woman accused Trump of forcibly kissing her and two others in a hotel suite.
Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford, "ultimately backed out" of an interview for the article "just five days before the 2016 election", but fellow porn star and witness Alana Evans did not.
She allegedly hit her then-husband Michael Mosny several times after getting upset at "how the clothes had been done" and became more "upset about some bills that hadn't been paid".
Trump's lawyer straight away rejected the claims and said his client was not in relationship with the adult movie star 12 years ago.
- GM is dropping the steering wheel in autonomous cars
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day following ruckus over triple talaq bill
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Events to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day planned for Metro Detroit
- Netanyahu supports "gradual cutback" of USA funding to UNRWA
- Liverpool end Manchester City's unbeaten run in dramatic style
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' ventures outside Gilead in second season
- New York City Just Sued 5 Oil Companies. Could Chicago?
- UIDAI Introduces 16-Digit Virtual Aadhaar ID For More Security!