Adapted from the classic novel by Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale is the story of life in the dystopia of Gilead, a totalitarian society in what was formerly the United States. Offred and other women are given in service to Commanders, where their only responsibility is to bear children.
Hulu released a short, first-look trailer for Season 2 of "The Handmaid's Tale".
Ahead of Sunday's Television Critics Association panel, it was revealed that the 13-episode season will be focused and shaped by the pregnancy of Offred (Elisabeth Moss) and her struggle to find her daughter inside the nightmare that is Gilead.
While keeping the season's plot largely under wraps, Miller did give EW some hints as to what's to come in season two and some stills from the show give us a look as well. Returning players in addition to Moss include Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne, Strahovski, Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel, Ann Dowd, and Max Minghella.
The show's second season will premiere April 25 on Hulu. "In season two, Offred and all our characters will fight against - or succumb to - this dark truth". But the teaser for The Handmaid's Tale Season 2 promises the road to any redemption will be beset with unspeakable cruelty and unimaginable punishments from her enslavers. "We lived in the blank white spaces at the edges of print".
Executive producer Dan Futterman said in success, "The Looming Tower" could return for a second season telling a different story in the same realm. "There is resistance within her, and that is a big part of this season".
Miller went onto describe one scene he is extremely excited about in this new season, which depicts a handmaid's funeral in Gilead. Showrunner Bruce Miller had this to say to Entertainment Weekly as he moves into the next phase of the series. Miller said they are leaning into that, though not as much people might expect.
- Tonya Harding: 'I knew something was up' prior to Nancy Kerrigan attack
- President Trump Addresses Record Farm Bureau Crowd
- RB Leipzig will resist Liverpool's attempts to get Naby Keita in January
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day following ruckus over triple talaq bill
- UIDAI Introduces 16-Digit Virtual Aadhaar ID For More Security!
- Trump Slams Controversial Spying Program His White House Aggressively Supports
- Why Kim Jong-un wanted a diplomatic offensive
- Man Utd boss Mourinho: Lukaku pushed me to select him for Everton
- Meghan Markle Broke A Major Royal Style Taboo Today - Will Kate Follow?
- Netanyahu supports "gradual cutback" of USA funding to UNRWA