As they did against Leicester on Saturday, the Red Devils found themselves trailing to the Clarets, who opened the scoring through Ashley Barnes on three minutes before Steven Defour's 36th-minute free-kick put them 2-0 up.
"We are trying to rebuild the squad for the second year".
Mourinho also allured to the economic power which neighbours Manchester City have which he feels gives Guardiola's team an advantage: "300 million pounds isn't enough to compete with them - they're buying defenders for the price of strikers". 'The big, historic clubs are normally punished in the market for their history. Mourinho believes the aforementioned trio do not have the responsibility of winning the Premier League title, unlike United, who should be challenging for the title every year owing to their history.
"I say the last two matches we had 15 chances to score and we conceded three s*** goals and an fantastic free-kick".
"You know I'm not thinking of that or looking at that", he said. You think Real Madrid is not as big as we are? You think they are not as big as we are?
Mourinho maintained that he does not have an actual football team that is commensurate with the "big club" reputation of Old Trafford.
Mourinho insisted bad luck was the primary reason why his side drew 2-2 against Leicester and followed that up with another draw against Burnley at Old Trafford, as he insisted both games should have been won, as he was asked if United were going through a hard patch.
Burnley and Manchester United tied 2-2 in the Premier League bout. I talked to the players at half time when it was 1-1 that it was an easy match to win.
"The opponent goes to our goal and scores, and we have lots of chances and we don't".
- Bad blood continues after National Basketball Association game
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Senior minister defends government decision not to bail out Carillion
- Japan Additionally Sends Out, Then Retracts, A False Missile Warning
- Nearly 2 million S. Koreans estimated to have used cryptocurrency apps
- Manchester United 3 - 0 Stoke: Paul Lambert has work cut out
- Trump National Security Policy Puts US Against Russia, China
- Crypto stocks tumble as bitcoin selloff continues
- Watch US news anchor slam Aziz Ansari accuser on live TV
- NY Budget: 10 facts and figures