This season, the twenty-seven year old veteran is averaging 21.7 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 5.8 assists per game for a team that is only four games out of the final playoff spot in the East.
Kemba Walker has been with the Charlotte Hornets since before they were even this version of themselves.
Charlotte is hopeful that the inclusion of Walker in a potential trade could help bring back a good, young player or a first-round draft pick.
Earnhardt said trading Walker would be a "huge mistake" and described it as "disrespectful" to consider trading away the team's best player. In this edition of Buzz City Beat, we look at the Charlotte Hornets wanting to engage the New York Knicks in trade talks, where the team sits in the midseason power rankings and the Greensboro Swarm's loss to Raptors 905.
The Hornets point guard added that he won't let it be a distraction as they prepare for Saturday night's game against Miami, but admitted a trade would have a pretty big effect on him.
League sources say the Hornets have explored trades involving Nicolas Batum, Dwight Howard, Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but there was little interest from rival teams. On a side note, #WojBombs and #ShamWows (Shams Charania) alerts get me so excited, but that is neither here or there. With the lack of draft picks in Heat's possession and the need for additional primary ballhandlers to assist Goran Dragic, it would seem only fitting to try to trade from a position of strength, which is our frontcourt. "I don't have control over those kind of things". Cousins will be a free agent this summer, though New Orleans has plans of signing him to a long-term contract.
Thus, the team is reportedly open to trading Walker, if they can get a large salary off of the books.
While everyone is focused on the National Basketball Association trade speculation surrounding big names like Anthony Davis and DeAndre Jordan - plus, on a smaller scale, Utah's Derrick Favors - perhaps that'll allow a different All-Star to fly under the radar at the trade deadline. What are they going to do, supply a first-round pick and take on the contracts of Batum and Howard?
- Confused Trump Confuses Washington About GOP Strategy for Avoiding a Government Shutdown
- Former CIA officer arrested for allegedly divulging classified information to China
- Jose Mourinho Says £300m "Not Enough" to Compete with Man City
- Stay off Aubameyang, Dortmund warns Arsenal
- South Korea is considering closing local cryptocurrency exchanges (again)
- Is the bottom falling out for Bitcoin?
- IBM Finally Returns To Growth, But It's Not All Good News
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
- Early Wall Street rally fizzles as stocks end lower
- Meteor Seen Streaking Across Michigan Sky, Causes Earthquake Near Detroit