This season, the twenty-seven year old veteran is averaging 21.7 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 5.8 assists per game for a team that is only four games out of the final playoff spot in the East.
Kemba Walker has been with the Charlotte Hornets since before they were even this version of themselves.
Charlotte is hopeful that the inclusion of Walker in a potential trade could help bring back a good, young player or a first-round draft pick.
Earnhardt said trading Walker would be a "huge mistake" and described it as "disrespectful" to consider trading away the team's best player. In this edition of Buzz City Beat, we look at the Charlotte Hornets wanting to engage the New York Knicks in trade talks, where the team sits in the midseason power rankings and the Greensboro Swarm's loss to Raptors 905.
The Hornets point guard added that he won't let it be a distraction as they prepare for Saturday night's game against Miami, but admitted a trade would have a pretty big effect on him.
League sources say the Hornets have explored trades involving Nicolas Batum, Dwight Howard, Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but there was little interest from rival teams. On a side note, #WojBombs and #ShamWows (Shams Charania) alerts get me so excited, but that is neither here or there. With the lack of draft picks in Heat's possession and the need for additional primary ballhandlers to assist Goran Dragic, it would seem only fitting to try to trade from a position of strength, which is our frontcourt. "I don't have control over those kind of things". Cousins will be a free agent this summer, though New Orleans has plans of signing him to a long-term contract.
Thus, the team is reportedly open to trading Walker, if they can get a large salary off of the books.
While everyone is focused on the National Basketball Association trade speculation surrounding big names like Anthony Davis and DeAndre Jordan - plus, on a smaller scale, Utah's Derrick Favors - perhaps that'll allow a different All-Star to fly under the radar at the trade deadline. What are they going to do, supply a first-round pick and take on the contracts of Batum and Howard?
- The kids were starved. The dogs were well-fed
- Is the bottom falling out for Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin dives below $10000 with a 50% decrease in value
- US Prez says Mexico wall idea is intact
- Woman Confesses After Police Spot Murder Weapon in Her Facebook Photo
- Nintendo share price gets billion dollar boost from Labo toy launch
- Confused Trump Confuses Washington About GOP Strategy for Avoiding a Government Shutdown
- Dolores O'Riordan postmortem to take place in London
- Former CIA officer arrested for allegedly divulging classified information to China
- Khloe Kardashian's Pregnancy Reveal Party on KUWTK Will Make You Cry